Fondant Brand Questions!

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 6:27am by tatorchip

sugarMomma Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 7

Anybody try Fondx? I saw GSA is carrying it at a low price, but is this a case of you get what you pay for? I usually purchase Satin Ice.

Also I was going to buy some green fondant, however black Satin Ice I got was really sticky and I heard some of their other colors had that problem. Anybody know if the green will be ok, or should I splurge for Fondarific?
Never used Fondarific before or Chocopan, they make a leaf green.
Is leaf green a good color for a football field?

6 replies
tonimarie Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 7

I bought the small sample pack of fondarific, I didn't like it because the different colors were flavored....I really thought it would take away from the flavor of my cake that I have worked so hard on. JMHO

diane706 Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 7

I have the SI in green and it seems fine. (I purchased this before I heard about Fondarific.) The color is perfect for a football field. But you would LOVE Fondarific's taste and workability for future reference. It's sooo worth the price. I've never purchased the fruit flavors. Just the Vanilla, chocolate and Buttercream flavors. If I need a color, I just mix in my gel colors.

Rylan Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 7

I have buckets of Fondx in my storage room but still havn't used it on a cake. It does taste good though. Chocopan also tastes great but what tastes the best is Jennifer Dontz's semi homemade fondant recipe (in her DVD). I actually craved for it last night.

sugarMomma Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 4:33am
post #5 of 7

Wow, craving fondant....I will definitely have to try that out! But thanks for everyone's input. Keep the opinions coming!

Rylan Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 4:47am
post #6 of 7

Yes, I find it so odd to crave for it but I did.

tatorchip Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 6:27am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Yes, I find it so odd to crave for it but I did.

I am saving to try and get Jennifers DVD I can't wait till I can get it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%