Opinions Needed

Decorating By BakedbyLisa Updated 11 Oct 2009 , 11:53pm by cylstrial

BakedbyLisa Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 9

I have decided to order larger sizes of flavorings (vanilla, butter and almond specifically) because im tired of buying new ones every few weeks. I currently use the wilton brand and like the taste of them so I don't want to order a larger size before knowing if it is good or not. Recenty I opted for convience and bought a butter flavoring at Winn Dixie (I think it was Toni brand) and it changed the flavor of my buttercream so much I had to throw everything away and go buy more. So I would appreciate input from the pros before I make my decision.

8 replies
peg818 Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 9

watkins, makes a very nice double strength vanilla, that they sell in larger quantities. I don't use butter flavoring so i really can't comment on that, but i do know they carry it too.

Personally i but vanilla by the quart (only use pure vanilla) at my local restaurant supply store.

cylstrial Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 9

OH man - someone was just saying that there is a great clear vanilla out there. And silly me, I lost the paper that I wrote the info on. Does anyone know what brand it was? It definitely wasn't Wilton.

tonimarie Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 9

I use alison's pantry powdered vanilla and almond, they are very stong so I don't have to use much icon_smile.gif

conb Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 9

I use Virgina Dare, which is great. I buy it from a local cookware store.

cylstrial Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonimarie

I use alison's pantry powdered vanilla and almond, they are very stong so I don't have to use much icon_smile.gif

I had no idea they made a powdered vanilla or almond. Pretty cool!

chouxchoux Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 9

wilton does make a clear vanilla, but you might want to find the other brand...let us know when you do icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:46pm
post #8 of 9

Wilton is what I'm currently using. I'll have to go see if I can find it in my post log. That could take a while. LOL!

cylstrial Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:53pm
post #9 of 9

Ok - actually finding the thread wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be.

So the answer is Adam's Clear Vanilla.

In case anyone wants to read the thread, here it is.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6572111#6572111

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%