Colors Bleeding Onto Bettercream Icing

Decorating By conboring Updated 25 Oct 2009 , 12:20pm by krm52200

conboring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conboring Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 3

I am icing cupcakes for a wedding using white Rich's bettercream whipped icing. I am then placing a red gumpaste 'wafer' on each of them with the bride and groom's monogram on it.
I am wanting to know if the red from the gumpaste will bleed onto the white bettercream icing. I will decorate these the day before the wedding and will not refrigerate them. Any help will be appreciated!

2 replies
julibel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julibel Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 3

From my experiance, I would say yes. What I would do is let the icing set up real good befor you put the wafer on. You can also do one ahead of time to see what happens.

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 25 Oct 2009 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 3

I am doing something similar for a wedding using white bettercream and fall colored gumpaste flowers. I did a trial run this week and have had a flower sitting on the bettercream for two days. So far it hasn't bled into the frosting. Just to be sure, I don't plan to put the flowers on until I get to the site and set up the cupcake display.

I would definitely do a trial run if I were you, especially when using red. In my experience, it tends to bleed more than other colors.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%