Finally Had Enough

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 2:26am by cabecakes

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 19

I hve finally had enough of people taking advantage of me. I am finally proud of myself for saying no! I have a neighbor that know I do cakes out of my home. On many occasions I'vve donated cakes to her and her family like when her daughters had baby showers etc. Within the last 3 years I have had a lot of set backs, alot of people know I have MS, broke my right knee 2 times and my left knee 1 time. Now while healing from breast surgery, my 19 year old son healing from a stroke, and my dad recovering from a seizure and pneumonia, I have 4 dogs, one which is a 42 pound lap dog. I went outside last week to walk Scooter, he did his crazy dog dance and yanked the leash really hard, I almost fell got him back into the house and felt sharp pains coming from my left shoulder and back area. Didn't think too much about it until the next morning when I could barely move it. Finally, I went to the doctor this past Friday and found out that I broke my shoulder blade. Now I am in a sling, it hurts everytime I move. So here it is Saturday afternoon and that neighbor comes over with her grandchildren and says Tanner (my son) told me you broke your Shoulder. Here I am thinking is she going to offer to help me, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! She asks me to bake her 3 dozen cookies because her family is coming over to watch the football games and they will be wanting some fresh baked cookies. Oh, and by the way, I can't pay you until next Friday. I just look at her and say I only have one arm. and no I can't bake you any cookies not because of my shoulder, but because you still owe me for the last cake I made for you to give to some one. I am now wondering if it is me having enough or the pain medicine, either way it kinda felt good!!!!!!!

18 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 19

I'll bet that felt damned GOOD!

Honestly, some folks have absolutely NO shame. She sounds like good slinky material.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 19

First of all--blessings on you--Oh my Oh my--
"Mom said there'd be bad days but she din say they'd come in bunches like bananas"
to quote a wise man.

Good for you!

Got her number?

Call her & tell her again!! icon_lol.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 19

This neighbor is not good for you nor good to you. Yes, tell her no again, and again until she gets the idea. She doesn't deserve you or your baked goods!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 19

ughhhh, that's just unbelievable. She should have baked YOU cookies, and dinner while she was at it.

I hope and pray you mend quickly!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 19

Good grief! I can't believe the gall of some people!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 19

I'm so glad you stood up for yourself!

I wish I were your neighbor, I'd come help you out until you were feeling better...my dad has MS and I know how hard it can be.

Have the doctors said anything about how you keep breaking bones? Can they give you something to help build up your bone density, or something like that? I broke my leg in February and the doctors said I shouldn't have had a break like that from a fall...turns out that drinking Diet Coke instead of water for years had weakened my bones.

queenfa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenfa Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 19

I am happy you told her you would not do the cookies but I would have been happier if have demanded she paid her owings from before without further delay.
Pls stick a reminder on her door in the morning.

paula1234 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 11:54pm
post #9 of 19

She did call after I told her that I didn't have any supplies ( I usually make my dough and freeze since I do a lot of cookies) and ask me to just whip up a batch of sugar cookies. This is the same woman that I helped for 2 years more at christmas time especially since her husband had been deployed to Iraq. I brought them groceries and toys and clothes for their kids. Once again, I told her I wasn't able to whip anything up, but I am sure she could run to the store and buy some with the money she still owes me from the cake that I did for her and hung up. About 30 minutes later I get a knock on the door and it is her husband (this is his second wife) he has lived next door to me forever, they have been married for 6 years. Any way, he come over to apologize to me. He said he saw Tanner and asked how everyone was doing and Tanner told him that I broke my shoulder and that I couldn't make cookies for them, he said he had no idea that his wife asked me to make cookies, especially since I was under the weather. He said that he would talk to her about that. Another 30 minutes went by and he came back with the money she owed me. he said the next time she wanted something to call him and he would make sure that iI got my money. As for my bones, my doctors are thinking I may have a mild case of osteogenesis imperfecta or brittle bone disease. My brother (he passed away a year ago at age 30) ha a severe case, my 19 yearold son that recently had a stroke, has a mild case also.
Yeah it felt good to tell her no, but it didn't last long she called. her husband is really nice.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 2:40am
post #10 of 19

Sweetheart, it sure sounds like you got your plate full of nothing but hard luck. I sure feel for you. Here's a big hoorah for telling off the "USER" and another big hoorah for the "UNDERSTANDING HUSBAND". I'm glad you at least got your money. What is it with people and it all being about "ME ME ME" these days. It seems like no one wants to do a good turn for anyone. That's sad, especially after you did all those kind things for her. She deserved what she got. I'll say a little prayer for your health, and I sure hope you get to feeling better. Poor thing, you probably don't even feel like cooking for yourself, let alone cooking cookies for your insensitive neighbor. Let buy some Nestle tollhouse in the tube and Walmart cake from now on.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 4:40am
post #11 of 19

Good for you! My grandma would have told you- if you don't like people walking all over you, stop laying down like a doormat.
People may be a little surprised when you confront them with the reality of a situation, but in the end they will respect you for it.
Now, remember to be strong when she asks you again.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 5:10pm
post #12 of 19

Mensch said it best "Some people have NO shame!"

I am SO happy to hear her husband has some decency to him. I am sending a prayer your way...and to that husband!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 8:04pm
post #13 of 19

What a spoiled brat. icon_mad.gif

paula1234 Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:23pm
post #14 of 19

I really am an easy going person. I believe in helping people no matter what the circumstance is. It was really hard for me to stand up to her. I can't stand conflict. I was married for 10 years to an abusive husband, both physically and mentally. I finally had enough when he threatened to kill me and my boys. With the help of my loving parents I was able to get out. We were divorced for 12 years and for 8 of those divorced years he continued to abuse me and my 3 boys. I woke up one morning and said no more. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I told him that was the end, he could not hurt me anymore because I would not let him. Then 3 years ago, the court ordered that my kids did not have to go to visitation because of the abuse. His wife at the time left him for the same reason, served him divorce papers. Long story short, he shot himself and died. The police found a note saying that he could not live without me or the boys and he was sorry for killing all us. Thank God, he didn't get to us!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:51pm
post #15 of 19

(((hugest most warmest cyber hug ever)))
God bless you so much.

sniff

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:36pm
post #16 of 19

I can't believe that lady's nerve! I'm so glad you stood up to her and that her DH was so wonderfully understanding.
Like someone else said, I wish I was your neighbor........I'd been right over there helping you however I could for sure.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I can't believe that lady's nerve! I'm so glad you stood up to her and that her DH was so wonderfully understanding.
Like someone else said, I wish I was your neighbor........I'd been right over there helping you however I could for sure.

You would think, right! Our neighbor is 99 and will be a 100 this April. She lives on her own, though her daughter does check on her just about everyday. We bring her, her mail. We check on her. We had a snowstorm, I called her daughter to see if we should bring her to our house. I mean, "Love thy neighbor", right?

paula1234 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 12:53am
post #18 of 19

We try to help all of our neighbors. We have some very elderly neighbors living around us. We look out for everything including everyone's animals. Everytime I have to call 911 when my Dad has a seizure that neighbor's husband is usually the first over here to see if he can do anything. he has always been that way, then all the neighbors arrive. One day the ambulance was over at their house, we went to see what had happened and if we could help. Well, it turne out to be her stepaughter, she had overdosed on some of her migraine medicine. I asked her if I could watch her daughter while she met her husband at the ER and she said that she wasn't goning to worry about it , that her husband would find out when he got home and then he could go to the hospital, if he wanted to. I said what the hell! I aske her if she actually called the ambulance and she said no, I just left her in her room. she said that she evidently she called her mother at work because she got scared,, and her mother called 911. I just walked away, grabbed my son's cell phone and called her Dad and asked him if he had talked to his ex-wife and he said no, but she was calling him as we spoke. I told him I would talk to him later. This woman I really don't think is all there.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 2:26am
post #19 of 19

My hat goes off to any and all women who leave abusive relationships. So many don't and I just don't understand it. My step-daughter was involved in an abusive relationship for years not so much physically as mentally and verbally. Until she went back to school for social work and she began to learn what the signs of abuse were. She said "mom, they were talking about me, and I just can't do that to me and the boys anymore." I was so happy when she finally left him. Now she's in a great relationship with a man that treats her like gold, and her him as well. Your learning honey!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%