I Am Sorry I Couldnt Make Your Cake Because I Fell Asleep!!!

Decorating By rvercher23 Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 5:21pm by Shannie13

rvercher23 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:29am
post #1 of 17

Ok, guys.....I feel like such an idiot. I have had a busy weekend 5 cakes in total, 3 are weddings and the rest b-days. I dropped off two of the wedding cakes today and then I had planned to go home and get a nap, then do another wedding cake for tomorrow morning thats due at 11 a.m. So, I wake up 6 hours later at 11 pm!!!!! I havent gotten anything started for the cake. I mean its baked, but thats it! At least I got alot of sleep so I don't feel tired right now!!! Its a pretty simple cake so I shouldn't be at it for much longer. Just thought I would share my oops moment!!!

16 replies
all4cake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:33am
post #2 of 17

ah man! That would suck if you had to use that excuse, wouldn't it? OOF!

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:00am
post #3 of 17

Whew! I thought I was going to read that you really gave this excuse to someone. I was getting ready to pop some popcorn and hit refresh! icon_biggrin.gif

veronica720 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:06am
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

Whew! I thought I was going to read that you really gave this excuse to someone. I was getting ready to pop some popcorn and hit refresh! icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking the same thing.

miny Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:18am
post #5 of 17

I'd be panicking by now, I hope everything goes well and you finish it on time

fondantgrl Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:23am
post #6 of 17

I'm sure you do a great job on all cake and more power to you. But in my opinion this is one of the reasons why I would never go into business making cakes. It is a lot of work. No matter how tired you are, you are obligated to make them. Your cakes are fabulous icon_smile.gif

rvercher23 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:58am
post #7 of 17

I just got done making the cake. I have like so much energy from my power nap...LOL I think I'll do this more often. Sleep during the day for a few hours and then get everything done at night! It seems like everything went so much smoother.

zdebssweetsj Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 8:18am
post #8 of 17

I do a lot of mine at night no distractions. I'm a true believer of the power nap (45 min) sure will refresh the mind. Seams like more than 45 min leaves you groggy and needing more.

peg818 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:10pm
post #9 of 17

power nap, that was a full nights sleep. I'm glad everything went smoothly.

Cakepro Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:26pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:

LMAO, same here.

I hate when a little snooze turns into a long sleepfest. I accidentally took a LONG nap yesterday - 5:30 to 11:30 pm - and the long ones always make me feel all out of sorts and cotton-headed. Yuck

Hope you are still up and at 'em! icon_smile.gif

rvercher23 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 4:17pm
post #11 of 17

I just figured I would post a pic of the finished cake. TFL!
LL

KKC Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:

Ditto!!! icon_lol.gif

kimmyboo925 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 4:49pm
post #13 of 17

its beautiful... how did you do that cake board.... love that too

cutthecake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:00pm
post #14 of 17

Gorgeous cake!
Once I fell asleep with a cheesecake in the oven. The alarm--SMOKE alarm, not alarm clock--woke me up. Burnt cheesecake anyone? Thank God the alarm went off!

Lesson: Make sure to put new batteries in your smoke alarms every six months, when you change the clocks for daylight savings time! That's coming up pretty soon.

sadsmile Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:02pm
post #15 of 17

There is a cool way you can make that so it is washable and re-usable. Make a foot long length of fabric that is 2-3 times longer then the circumference of your base.

Sew the ends together and then sew thick seams along the length leaving a small opening.

Take elastic and thread through the seam and make sure when you stretch it out it can fit around your base and tie in a double knot and let it all disappear into the seam.

Do the same for the other seam. It should look like a giant over grown scrunchy.

Now it is completely adjustable and you can wash it and re-use it and put it on a few sizes of bases.

Just stretch it over the edge and adjust the fabric folds and Viola!

rvercher23 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:19pm
post #16 of 17

To make that base, i buy the 15 inch wooden round from lowes, then I get batting and fabric and cut it into a biq square. I set the board over it and then bring the fabric and batting and staple it four times to the board. One on each side(even tought it is a circle and its doesnt have any sides, I just do it in the centers) then i pleat the fabric and staple one at a time, until it is completely pleated all the way around the board.I hope I havent confused you. I think I have confused myself. LOL

Shannie13 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:21pm
post #17 of 17

thank you Sadsmile!!! sounds like I gotta pull out the sewing machine again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%