Carnival Cake For Amazing Little Boy Ideas

Decorating By jo_ann Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 7:02am by krissycupcakes

jo_ann Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 7

A little background. Every year there is a mountain of toys fundraiser for needy families for xmas. They also raise funds for gift baskets so that they have a delicious dinner that day. We donate a gift certificate to the silent auction and a cake for the volunteers to enjoy.

Well, there is this little boy who donates all of his birthday presents every year. I'm not sure how long he's done this but it has to be at least 6 years now. He is turning 11 this year on Dec. 5th and the mot committee called and asked if I would do his cake.

I am so honored to be able to do a cake for this sweet child.

The theme is carnival and it's going to be for 100 people.

I would love to have input and ideas for making an amazing cake.

First things that came to my mind was
- Carnival rides - ferris wheel, roller coaster
- clowns - big top tent
- animal - elephant - lions - tigers
- cotton candy
- peanuts

Oh and they didn't ask but I will be donating this cake, I haven't told them yet.

6 replies
Rosie2 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 7

OMG, what a especial little boy!!
I commend you for doing this I'm sure it'll be the most especial cake ever! I've never done a carnival cake so, I can't help you, but I'm sure the experts will.
Way to go Jo-Ann!! thumbs_up.gif

jo_ann Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 7

Oh and please don't think that the party for a 11 year old is this large just to get presents. This is honestly an average size party around here. I very seldom do a cake for under 80 guests for a party and often alot larger.

krissycupcakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 7

i cant wait to see what you come up with ill think about it and let you know what i can think of! im sure this will be an amazing cake for such an amazing little boy!

krissycupcakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 7

jo_ann where in NY were in NY area and i grew up in NY.

jo_ann Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 7

I live in Northern Ny near Canada. I am about and hour to an hour and 1/2 west of Plattsburgh, NY ( GSA ). In fact Cornwall, Ont. is about 10 minutes away from me.

krissycupcakes Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 7:02am
post #7 of 7

ooh!! :/

Quote by @%username% on %date%