What Type Of Cake Would You Recommend If..

Decorating By teachingmyself Updated 11 Oct 2009 , 11:08pm by teachingmyself

teachingmyself Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teachingmyself Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 7

..a client wanted the cake for a party on Sunday, but actually wanted it to be delivered Friday evening since they would be out of town before the party?
It's a small cake for 10+ people and will be covered in fondant. They want a box mix yellow with buttercream. Would this hold up since I will be baking the cake Thursday evening?
I don't want to poison these folks come Sunday. icon_wink.gif
Any help is appreciated.

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 7

A yellow cake and buttercream willl be just fine. I'd probably put some moistening syrup on those layers to make sure they stay moist.

teachingmyself Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 7

They are now wanting the cake covered in homemade buttercream instead of fondant.

That should be ok as long as they refridgerate it right?

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 7

I still think it will be OK with or without refrigeration. I did 2 big yellow cake sheetcakes for my sister's anniversary. Baked them ahead and froze them. Pulled them out on Wednesday, filled and iced them with homemade buttercream, and decorated them. Put them in boxes - they sat on the table until Friday when I loaded them in the car and drove them 250 miles to my sister's house. Served them Saturday and they were fine - my niece says they were still fine several days later.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, yes, yes. There should be NO problem - especially if they keep the cake in a cool room temp location. Refrigerating it will hasten the drying out. As tigerhawk said, put it in a box and don't give it another thought icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 7

our moms and our grammas kept boxed cakes, covered in homemade icing, out on the counter for days and none of us died from it.

teachingmyself Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys, I've never had to wait this long between baking and eating before, just wanted to get some info before actually doing this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%