Las Vegas Cake Decorators

Decorating By M_A Updated 5 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm by emilyg

M_A Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 7

Looking for cake decorators in Las Vegas to form a group or a cake club to see if ICES can come and offer some classes (other than Wilton classes.) We can also meet up and share our knowledge. Any other information about cake supply stores (other than Joann and Michaels) will be appreciated.

Thanks!

6 replies
Rylan Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 7

I'm from Las Vegas and I believe there are more people out here (come out everyone). When forming a club, do we need approval and licenses from the county?

Btw, I'm confused. Are you currently in Las Vegas or Japan?

tracienvegas Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:05am
post #3 of 7

Funny you guys should mention this. We have set the first meeting for the Sweet SinSations cake club for Sunday, November 8th at 12:00. If you are interested in attending and helping develop this club, please let me know. This will be an organizational meeting as well as a demo on stamped cookies.

Also, I am hosting a Craft-a-Cake Halloween Challenge at JoAnn's in Henderson on Oct. 17th. This will be a 2-hour competition. If you would like information, please let me know.

Also...lol...I just have a lot to say apparently, I offer 3D carving classes and gingerbread classes other than the Wilton classes I teach. For October I have a Vampire Coffin Cake class, 3D pumpkin, gingerbread lanterns, and a few others.

So if anyone in the Las Vegas area is interested in more information, you can contact me.

Thanks.

Tracie

chachagyrl22 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 7

The only cake supply store in Vegas that I know of is on Water Street in Henderson off of Lake Mead BLVD. I don't know the name of it though. I looked it up in the phone book when I was there last fall but never got a chance to go. (it should still be there, but in Vegas you never know!) I was born and raised there and I go to visit family often.

Rylan Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:32am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachagyrl22

The only cake supply store in Vegas that I know of is on Water Street in Henderson off of Lake Mead BLVD. I don't know the name of it though. I looked it up in the phone book when I was there last fall but never got a chance to go. (it should still be there, but in Vegas you never know!) I was born and raised there and I go to visit family often.

The store you are referring to is Tempting Treasures by Jan. There is also a place called Chef Rubber. You can also find supplies at Sur La Table at the Miracle Miles Shop.

M_A Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 7

Hi there!

I am sorry, I was not notified that the topic had some replies! I am glad to find a few people that live here in Las Vegas. I do live here, I just came back from Japan, I just have not updated my profile information yet.

I am not sure what are the requirements for organizing a cake club. I have been in contact with a cake decorator here who was the Las Vegas area representative at ICES and he said if we could get enough people interested in classes, ICES would come here to teach.

I just moved to the area 3 months ago and I had started making cakes since 2006. I just attended cake camp here, did you guys go?

Marlyn

emilyg Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 7

Hi Marlyn,

My boss Michele will be in Las Vegas the last part of January 2010, and we could probably talk her into doing a demo while she's there (the new Lace Confectioners' Mats are especially interesting - here's a link if you haven't seen them: www.youtube.com/sugarveil). If there's a group there interested in a demo, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks - EmilyG.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%