The Difference Between Foil And Paer Liners?

Baking By midwestmommy Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 11:01pm by midwestmommy

midwestmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmommy Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 9

whats the difference and is either one ok to use? I like the look of foil..does it change baking times etc?

and can you use the papers that are in between the foils?

8 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 9

From the Reynolds website:

If I am using Reynolds® Foil Baking Cups, should I remove the paper separators or leave them in?

Reynolds Baking Cups are packed with paper separators to prevent the foil cups from fusing together during manufacturing. These paper separators should be removed before filling the foil baking cups with batter. The paper separators are the same as our Pastels Baking Cups.

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 9

Ha! I always wondered that - thanks for looking into it lees_luv!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 9

The only differenc is one is made of paper and one is made of aluminum foil. Both are safe to use. The foil cups do not change baking times. You do not need to adjust the temperature of the oven when using the foil cups. You do not use the paper seperators along with the foil cups, but you can save them and use them by themselves another time.

nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardot22

Ha! I always wondered that - thanks for looking into it lees_luv!

Off topic - I love that cake in your avitar... it is so cute!

jardot22 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you!!! Your avatar is adorable too! I'm going to try a car, one of these days icon_smile.gif

nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

Thank you!!! Your avatar is adorable too! I'm going to try a car, one of these days icon_smile.gif

I enjoy sculpting cakes. Lightning was fun to do. I made him, a couple of trains, a tank and an army truck. Lightning was my favorite.

jardot22 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lees_luv

Quote:

I enjoy sculpting cakes. Lightning was fun to do. I made him, a couple of trains, a tank and an army truck. Lightning was my favorite.

Awesome! You do a great job at it. My daughter loves Lightning so I should definitely give it a try myself!

midwestmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmommy Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 11:01pm
post #9 of 9

thanks. I had not thought of looking at the reynolds site. I thought they were just like the paper liners!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%