Multi-Theme Cake

Decorating By moralna Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 8:14pm by nonnyscakes

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 8

I recieved a request for a cake - maybe even a multi tier cake - to incorporate 4 different themes (the cake would be for 4 different folks): marriage, passing the bar exam, employee leaving and a birthday. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can incorporate these different themes! Please help!!

7 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 8

I did one like this back in May, but I took the easy way out.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1395925

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 8

I did a Sweet 16 cake that had three differant themes, hockey, beach and shopping box..i did one theme per tier. I wasnt really happy with the cake. it was a little busy for me but the customer loved it

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 8

If you have it, how about renting them a cake stand like the Wilton one in this picture... http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=40209802-423B-522D-F9543F9095A6ECED&killnav=1
You could also use the table for the 4th layer. That way you can do 4 individual cakes, each with its own showcase spot.

If I did do this, I think I would do a wedding cake layer and put it on the top level, just like the top tier of a wedding cake. I'd do the birthday cake and put that on the table, this way it could be pulled away from the other cakes for the person to blow out the candles, and put the other two on the middle two levels

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 8

cownsj - i like your idea but they would like all the themes incorporated into one cake.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 8

Then how about stacking 4 tiers and dividing it vertically into quarters. Each quarter would have a different theme so that no matter which side you are looking at the cake from you are looking at one of the themes. Move around the cake and see another of the themes. I saw this done on a cake challenge one night. I want to say it was the birthday cake challenge for the triplets, but I'm not positive about that.

nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 8

moralna - have you seen the new Windows 7 ads with the 4 part logo

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

I saw it this week and thought it would make a cute cake if you could figure out what to use in each quadrant.

nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:14pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Then how about stacking 4 tiers and dividing it vertically into quarters. Each quarter would have a different theme so that no matter which side you are looking at the cake from you are looking at one of the themes. Move around the cake and see another of the themes. I saw this done on a cake challenge one night. I want to say it was the birthday cake challenge for the triplets, but I'm not positive about that.

Yes, it was on Food Network Birthday Bombshell wasn't it.... I think Jason Ellis made that cake with the stars shooting out of the top.... That was a neat cake idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%