Help Me Please!! I'm Having A Brain Freeze!!

Decorating By janebrophy Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 11:48am by janebrophy

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 8

I have an order for a cake that is to serve 18 people...I baked a 9 x 13 cake, but usually I bake from mixes...today I baked from scratch...
Do I need 2 layers to serve 18 people?? I baked one layer, and was going to torte and fill it...so 2 cake, 1 filling...is it just me or is that too small??
I have no idea why my brain is not computing this today!! icon_cry.gif

7 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 8

A 9x13 one layer actually serves around 20 so you're fine!

janebrophy Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Kita...I think I need a couple days away in a hotel to get some sleep! I just double checked the wilton chart too...Why I was so confused, I have no idea! icon_smile.gif

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 8

A 9 X 13 looks really small when you have been working with the larger pans doesn't it? I had the same thought process a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to figure out what size pan to use for a friend's cake. The 9 x 13 looked so small. I decided to go with the 11 x 15 just to be sure it was big enough because she said there would be lots of people at the party, but never gave me a number. Crazy how your brain can get mixed up...

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 8

If your doing the party serving (which that is to only get 20 servings) then 1 layer, torted is fine.

janebrophy Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:25am
post #6 of 8

Wow, I'm still shocked at how I just could not wrap my head around that size of a cake...I think it's a sign I eat too much!! icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:28am
post #7 of 8

Jane,
I love your boys names!

janebrophy Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 11:48am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Jane,
I love your boys names!

Thanks! It's funny, we live in a fairly small town area, and when I first named the kids, there were crazy looks from people...now I know of at least 2 more Finn's, and 1 more Ronan...I guess they've grown on people! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%