T-Rex Head Cake... Please Help!

Decorating By Tracye Updated 10 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm by TheDomesticDiva

Tracye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracye Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a T-Rex cake. The customer said I could just do the head, since it's only to feed 25.

I have an idea for modeling a large gumpaste T-Rex head, and placing it on a square or rectangle sheet cake, slightly smaller than the head, but I can't figure out how to combine the two.

How should I decorate the square cake, to make it look normal to have a T-Rex head sitting on top?

She wants it to look more real than cartoonish, since her son loves the scary teeth and the scary look of the T-Rex.

Any ideas?

TIA!

BTW, I posted this in another forum, and just realized it should probably be here. Sorry about that!

3 replies
mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 4

I think it would be hard to use the square or rectangle as is and make it look cohesive. Maybe if you rounded off the corners and made it look like the T-Rex's shoulders/body, might work out a little bit better.

sweettooth622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth622 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 12:19am
post #3 of 4

You could maybe make it look like the T rex head has just smashed through something....?? Or is coming through the tropical plants somehow?

Can't wait to see what you come up with. My son LOVES dinosaurs!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 4

I did a t-rex head from rice krispie treats and put it onto carved round cakes. It might be more cartoonish than you're looking for though. It's in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%