Help W/ Jumbo Filled Cupcakes To Sell

Baking By sugarspice Updated 13 Oct 2009 , 7:05am by hjustesen

sugarspice Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 14

I have been approached by a business owner (sells gift baskets) with an idea of marketing a cupcake that she had recently eaten & loved. It was a jumbo cupcake with the top cut off, filling added-replace top & add more topping. I can figure that part out-sounds easy!
I am wondering if you folks are familiar with these, what the prices/demand for them are???
Thanks!!

13 replies
rosiecast Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 14

Don't they have a tip that you can use to fill the cupcake without having to remove and then reattach the top?. Good luck to you..

SJ169 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 14

Yes they do have a tip..i have it and it works great..lol but i cant remember the tip #, when i am home i can check..but i am sure someone else can tell you the tip #

jlynnw Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 14

I don't like to use the eclair tip. I prefer the 18 or 20 star tip. they go in deep enough, are common tips, and work great for me in minis, standard and jumbos.

indydebi Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 14

The long tip is the Bismarck tip #230...... and I LUV this tip!!! I would think using a tip to fill cupcakes is way faster than doing and cut-n-trim-n-reassemble job.

jlynnw Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

The long tip is the Bismarck tip #230...... and I LUV this tip!!! I would think using a tip to fill cupcakes is way faster than doing and cut-n-trim-n-reassemble job.

OK, Bismark not eclair. I still don't like it even if you LUV it. Just not my thing. It is amazing how one can love it the next can hate it. It is all about what works for the user.

sugarspice Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:29am
post #7 of 14

Thanks for the tip #-I have been wanting to get one, but have not seen it at Micheals, etc. Will check online. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere? I have never heard of them. I will price them out, but does anyone have a price they have seen them sold for?

step0nmi Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #8 of 14

I don't like the Bismark either. I used a regular round tip this past week and it worked fine.

The easiest way to do this would be to fill the cupcakes like that. I'm sure they thought the top was cut off in some way the cupcake was so good icon_lol.gif

I ate at a cupcake shop last week in Chicago and I paid $3.50 for a filled cupcake with Ganache on top...it was called Boston Creme Pie and it was DELISH! I wouldn't do these cupcakes for less than that.

sewlora Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #9 of 14

You might want to check with her ... She
might have liked the cut off top with the extra filling because of the
actual design of it . She might like the sandwich effect (if that makes sense).

sugarspice Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:28pm
post #10 of 14

$3.50 was about what I was thinking. I will also time how long to make them & ingred. cost thumbs_up.gif

jlynnw Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 12:33pm
post #11 of 14

Let us know how all goes!

sugarspice Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 2:44pm
post #12 of 14

I will, I am just not sure they would be very popular. I probably need to see one to really get it-just sounds like too much to me icon_smile.gif

jlynnw Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 2:53am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarspice

I will, I am just not sure they would be very popular. I probably need to see one to really get it-just sounds like too much to me icon_smile.gif

Please read your tag line! It is knocking and your need to find your door. I had a fav place to go and indulge. They has they bestest carrot cuppie and a spice chai tea. I paid 7 or 8 bucks for my treat. I was not the only one who loved it. They sold out of cuppies on a regular basis. Every time they said they up order, they ran out. The place was to compete with StarBs and ended up a front for gourmet cuppies. I have moved on and so have they. They have 2 locations and 2 full time bakers at each to keep up. I have heard that with this economy, cuppies are going to take a down turn. She said she has seen an increase in business as people want to have a small indulgence and a few bucks for a cuppie is what they go for over the night out, movies, dinner, and the like. She sees many brown baggers come in for an afternoon treat, save on lunch spend on snack.

hjustesen Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 7:05am
post #14 of 14

I really like this website. http://tinyurl.com/ygwr9lu They're $2.19 each, plus shipping. I know I've looked around at a lot of craft stores and have trouble finding more than a few basic items, but they have hundreds of tips and colors and other fun items, ship quickly and they're great at combining shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%