Gingerbread Cookie Recipe That Doesn't Loose It's Shape

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 3:09am by cutthecake

Cookies4kids Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:55am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a recipe for a gingerbread cookie that will hold it's shape well? I am going to try those beautiful cookies that are posted somewhere on CC where you use the eyelet cutters with fondant that is cut in two pieces. I think they are a christmas bell and they are so gorgeous but the dough has to hold its shape really well.
Thanks if you can help me.

3 replies
Malakin Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 11:12am
post #2 of 4

I do, but darn, I'm at work and it's at home. If you like, PM me as a reminder and I'll look mine up for you. I used mine to build my gingerbread house and I didn't have to much trouble at all with it losing shape or having to be cut down. I'm not much for the gingerbread taste but it was good tasting.

ALVARGA Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 4

I use Martha Stewart's. Get it off her web site. I use it every year for my gingerbread men cookies. The only is I do not add the black pepper unless you like spicey gingerbread. It is the best one that I have come across so far.

cutthecake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:09am
post #4 of 4

Want a quick, easy recipe for gingerbread houses and cookies? Buy the boxed mix for gingerbread and use the recipe on the side of the box for cookies. I think you just add 1/3 cup of water to the boxed mix; beat (it's very sticky and thick); wrap; refrigerate; roll; cut; bake.
The best part is you don't have to buy molasses. And it's relatively inexpensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%