Colorflow Question, Need Answer Asap

Decorating By Sneezie Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 5:21am by cet1187

Sneezie Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #1 of 3

I am making a haunted house cake. I am making colorflow windows and shutters. When I place these on the cake will they break down? Should I make them with fondant instead?? Thanks ahead of time!

2 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 3:47am
post #2 of 3

If you let them dry enough they should be fine. It is very easy for them to break being made out of color flow though. When you remove it from the parchment paper, you have to make it doesnt break. I have made a few color flow peices and one broke but you couldn't see it and the other was just fine.

Fondant may be a good idea, and let it set up for a few days so it will sort of dry, and it would be easier to apply it than the color flow piece.

cet1187 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 3

Colorflow should be fine, as long as you let them dry at least 3 days before using them, just in case.

To make sure they don't break, I let them dry on wax paper then when dry, lay the paper with the decoration on a flat surface (table) and pull down on the paper so that it pulls away at an angle at the edge of the surface. Make sure your hold onto the colorflow piece, though, 'else it'll fall on the floor. ( icon_cry.gif )

Colorflow pieces generally dry to be as hard as eggshells, but treat them nicer, just in case. And store them (once dry) in a dry area. I put mine in covered tupperware containers lined with paper towels.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%