I Cant Remember What These Things Are Called?

Decorating By Jayde Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 11:56pm by msgwinn

Jayde Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 6

I was trying to explain these flowers to a decorator friend of mine and I called them ribbon flowers and she had no clue what I was talking about. I have always called them ribbon flowers, ir there another name for them?

5 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 6


After the hobby that involves using narrow paper strips to do the same thing on a smaller scale. My sister was into it in high school, but back then scrapbooking wasn't as popular and it became impossible to find quilling supplies.

Jayde Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 6

HAHA, I am gonna have to eat that one. I insisted that they were called ribbon flowers made with long ribbons of GP or fondant rolled to the shape of petals. I tried explaining them to her and then drawing it, but she looked at me like I have just sprouted a third ear.

Thanks Tex!

newmansmom2004 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 6

This is probably my favorite Colette Peters cake - LOVE it!! I've tried quilling with fondant/gumpaste - it's not as easy as it looks! icon_cry.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 6

I keep telling my sister she should try it on a cake icon_biggrin.gif

msgwinn Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 6

It is called paper quilling it is made of fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%