Taste Of Whimsy Border

Decorating By ang_ag82 Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 5:42pm by pish

ang_ag82 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what tip to use to get the same effect on the border, the ruffle looking one. I thought it was a petal tip but not sure.

Thanks in advance.


4 replies
pish Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 5

Yep, it's a rose petal tip (usually 104 or larger). I do that ruffle all the time and I love it!


pish Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 5

I forgot to add that tamivo the artist of your example cake is actually the one who taught me this. Love her cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

ang_ag82 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 5


Thank you soooo much! I had been racking my brain trying to figure it out! So do you just pick up each time or do you just move your wrist back and forth?

pish Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 5

You just move your wrist back and forth in a zig-zag motion with the smaller part of the tip away from the cake.

Have fun with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%