Cake Supplies In Los Angeles Area

Decorating By rerebo Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 6:00am by auntginn

rerebo Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 4

hi all, i'm looking for a cake decoration store (with wilton, PME, first impression decoration tools, food coloring etc) in the LA area....any recommendations?

thank you in advance!!!

3 replies
ceshell Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:18am
post #2 of 4

There are quite a few cake decorating stores in LA, but I've yet to find one that carries PME, first impression, etc. kind of really cool tools. They all are at least good resources for gels and dusts and pans, meringue powder, general decorating supplies, etc.

Here is a thread with a list of the most easily found stores in LA http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-613465-.html

Parrish's is out here, they are the manufacturer of Magic Line so their shop carries all ML products: pans, colors, etc. None of the Wilton/PME/etc stuff...I haven't been there so I don't know if they are worth a trip to Gardena.

Also not on that above thread is a shop called A&J Cake & Candy in Glendora -- it IS on the list linked to by CakesByLJ and she mentioned it to me once as the only shop (that I know of) in LA that carries Rich's Bettercreme in plain (you can find chocolate Rich's at Smart&Final). That's a little far for me so I've never been there either.

My faves are still Surfas and Cake Palace, but for PME and other high-level goodies...I always have to hit the internet thumbsdown.gif

kricket Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 5:56am
post #3 of 4

I second the praise for Surfas. Great store, but not for their cake decorating tools. Don't get me wrong--they do have a lot of things for cake, but necessarily the items you listed. It is definitely worth the trip though, if you're in the area.

auntginn Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 6:00am
post #4 of 4

Like ceshell says there are lots of stores. I know quite a few, if you pm me with either the area (part of LA) or the area or zip code, I can tell you where they are. Otherwise you may be driving a distance from where you are or from one to another, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%