Need Recipe For A Snicker's Flavored Cake

Baking By melmar02 Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 2:12pm by Uniqueask

melmar02 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making a cake for a birthday for a friend's dad. She said he loves Snickers, so I thought it would be nice to incorporate this into the cake. Does anyone have a recipe for a Snicker's flavor? The cake is going to be carved into the shape of a motorcycle gas tank, so it needs to hold up pretty well. Should I just break down the flavors into the different components of the cake? If I go that route, I was thinking chocolate cake and carmel filling w/ chopped up Snickers in it, but what about the peanuts and nougat? How would you flavor the buttercream / fondant?

All help is appreciated!

7 replies
ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 8

Oh my word, that sounds divine. I can't wait for someone to post a recipe for this! LOL

If left to fumble for myself I'd make a butterscotch cake, fill it with caramel filling and chopped peanuts, and frost it with chocolate ganache. However, that doesn't sound like a carvable cake, eh?

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

melmar02 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 8

I didn't think of butterscotch flavored cake.

I may just have to make a practice one this weekend. My brain is sure having a hard time figuring out the flavor combo!

Uniqueask Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 8

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Try this, I don't remember if there is snickers, but I did make the almond joy, there are also lots of great recipies, in here I have tried many myself

Jayde Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 8

Chocolate cake, caramel filling, roasted peanuts, iced with dark chocolate ganache. At least thats what it says on the shops specialty flavors list.

trinity021 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 8

Oh my...that sounds wonderful (I love snickers)

Uniqueask - Thank you very much for posting that link. I didn't know about that list before. I think I'm gonna have some fun with those.

zoomzone Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #7 of 8

Here is a thread for Snickers Cupcakes- some ideas there.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-607601-0.html

Uniqueask Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity021

Oh my...that sounds wonderful (I love snickers)

Uniqueask - Thank you very much for posting that link. I didn't know about that list before. I think I'm gonna have some fun with those.

You are very welcome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%