Need Recipe For A Snicker's Flavored Cake

Baking By melmar02 Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 2:12pm by Uniqueask

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making a cake for a birthday for a friend's dad. She said he loves Snickers, so I thought it would be nice to incorporate this into the cake. Does anyone have a recipe for a Snicker's flavor? The cake is going to be carved into the shape of a motorcycle gas tank, so it needs to hold up pretty well. Should I just break down the flavors into the different components of the cake? If I go that route, I was thinking chocolate cake and carmel filling w/ chopped up Snickers in it, but what about the peanuts and nougat? How would you flavor the buttercream / fondant?

All help is appreciated!

7 replies
ainsleyandmatthewmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 8

Oh my word, that sounds divine. I can't wait for someone to post a recipe for this! LOL

If left to fumble for myself I'd make a butterscotch cake, fill it with caramel filling and chopped peanuts, and frost it with chocolate ganache. However, that doesn't sound like a carvable cake, eh?

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 8

I didn't think of butterscotch flavored cake.

I may just have to make a practice one this weekend. My brain is sure having a hard time figuring out the flavor combo!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 8

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Try this, I don't remember if there is snickers, but I did make the almond joy, there are also lots of great recipies, in here I have tried many myself

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 8

Chocolate cake, caramel filling, roasted peanuts, iced with dark chocolate ganache. At least thats what it says on the shops specialty flavors list.

trinity021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trinity021 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 8

Oh my...that sounds wonderful (I love snickers)

Uniqueask - Thank you very much for posting that link. I didn't know about that list before. I think I'm gonna have some fun with those.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #7 of 8

Here is a thread for Snickers Cupcakes- some ideas there.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-607601-0.html

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity021

Oh my...that sounds wonderful (I love snickers)

Uniqueask - Thank you very much for posting that link. I didn't know about that list before. I think I'm gonna have some fun with those.

You are very welcome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%