For A 10 Yr Boy B-Day

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 11 Oct 2009 , 8:48pm by TheCakeShak

TheCakeShak Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone.....
Just wanted to quickly say first, that I just love looking at all the pics in the gallery, it is absolutely so wonderful to see the ideas of cake decorating and how everyone goes outside the box and comes up with just wonderful decorations!

Next thing,,, uuhmm,, I sorta have a "idea blockage" at the moment. I have to do a little boy B-day cake, he's going to be 10. The father gave me open ability to create, but didn't give me any specialty that the little one likes. All I was told was to just make sure the cake is chocolate.

Does anyone have any good ideas that will help me to make this cake "pop".
I have been looking in the B-day galleries and so far, for me, nothing is popping at me.
I ask this because it was the "father" who requested this cake and I'm sure the mommy will be really looking at how this cake turns out, etc.. so I really want to make this cake "pop".

Any and all ideas are most most appreciated!
Thanks

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 8

Can you ask the mom what her son's favorite things are? There are so many different things they can be wild about at that age, it would be good to have some general idea.

eilidh Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 8

maybe like a charlie and the chocolate factory theme saw a great cake like that on here somewhere...just goes with the chocoholic cake type?!!! Otherwise popular with 10year old boys ..Star wars, skateboarding etc...

FierceConfections Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 8

There isn't really anything that ALL 10 year old boys like, is there? The only things I can come up with are sports and music. If you get absolutely no information, maybe you could make a cake in the colors of the popular local sports team, or maybe an iPod cake. Those seem to be really popular for any age group. HTH!

TheCakeShak Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 8

Yes, I just spoke with the mommy and she said the little one, likes anything.
I asked "anything in specific", didn't get a specific fav.

So far, I like the skateboard idea.... Please keep those ideas coming please.. I most graciously appreciate it!!!

Happy Baking! icon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 8

Is the birthday around Halloween? You could do a haunted birthday cake if it was.

becky27 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 8

hello...everyone knows that a 10 year la la la loves all the game cubes, playstations....in my gallery i did a game cube...it was fairly easy...and my son just pooped his pants when he saw it!!!! also, guitar hero cakes....ketchup and french fries...i've seen on here the candy bar cakes you can make those fairly easy...what about the bag of potatoe chips!!! 10 years old is a great age for boys...skateboards....anything you make will just have him being the coolest kid ever with his friends!!!! hope this helps!!!

TheCakeShak Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 8:48pm
post #8 of 8

Hi Everyone!!!

Well, I must say Thank you to everyone who replied back on ideas to help me!

It looks like I'm going to go with the skateboard cake!

Now, I do have just one more Q... as for the cake itself, do you all make a 2 layer cake or just a one layer and cut it to 2 layer and fill?

This is gonna be soooooo cool to do! I can't wait to get this project done!
I will post pics once it's all done!
Will check back later today on the cake itself thing........

Thank you again fellow CC'ers for the wonderful ideas!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%