Chocolate Chip Cake

Baking By krafty310 Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 3:17am by krafty310

krafty310 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 9

Hi! I'm making a Red Velvet cake with Chocolate chips. However, the chips are sinking to the bottom of the cake as it bakes. Any suggestions on how to keep the chips mixed evenly through the cake as it bakes?

Thanks!!

8 replies
kanwal Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 9

You could try coating them in dry all purpose flour and then mixing them in at the end. Hope it helpsicon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 9

kandycakes thats a great idea. I do that when i put cherrys or fruit in cakes, never thought of using it on choc chips though!

Kitagrl Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 9

I use mini chocolate chips....also I just sprinkle a bunch of them on the top after the batter is in the pan, and then just swirl them in with a clean finger or a spoon.

ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 9

I use mini chips!

ClancyJane Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 9

The flour idea is excellent. I sometimes use a slight variation of it...if I'm using a cake mix, then I will coat the chips with a bit of that instead of flour, prevents you from adding more dry ingredient. Usually works well for me.

CakeMommyTX Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 9

I use mini chips as well, mix them in with a spoon after the batter is mixed and then pour.
Never had a problem with sinking.
Good Luck.

scionmom Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 9

I do the same as well. I mix in about half of the mini chips before i pour the batter in the pans and then sprinkle more in the pans afterwards. I made one last week just because I wanted to try it and a new icing. My husband took it to work and everyone loved it!

krafty310 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 3:17am
post #9 of 9

Thank you everyone! I did use mini chips but will definitly try coating them with a bit of flour first. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%