Had To Cancel A Cake...now Im Mad!

Decorating By kristiezen920 Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 3:21pm by CarolAnn

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #31 of 34

That's ridiculous on her part! Your son has a very SERIOUS illness and she's angry that you can't make her cake?

What is wrong with people now a days?

kristiezen920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiezen920 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #32 of 34

Jillangel, I will pm you.

kristiezen920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiezen920 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 2:43pm
post #33 of 34

cylstrial,
I dont know whats wrong with ppl? I dont know if she was even angry? I just thought it was terrible that she thought she had a right to post my business on fb, especially when it involved my child! On cc we are semi-anonymous but on fb were not. Its not as though I was ashamed, like i said b4 it is the flu........but it was so inappropriate for her to do that.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 3:21pm
post #34 of 34

"It probably would have been better to explain your concerns to her and let her decide whether or not to have you go forward with the cake."

Uh no!! Your son is sick but you should leave it up to the customer to decide whether you will go ahead and make her cake? If my child is sick and I can't make a cake for you it isn't so much about the germs as much as it is the fact that my child is sick and he/she will get my attention not your blasted cake. I'm sorry, it's a b-day cake and this is my child (or grandchild in some cases) find another baker.

As for facebook, I recently joined and there's an awful lot of time being wasted there. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. And if I want to mention someone being diagnosed with the swine flu or hemmeroids that's not hippa/heppa/illegal, it's just gossip on my part, whether it's true or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%