Best Airbrush For Pearldust?

Decorating By littlecake Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm by ddaigle

littlecake Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 6

i wonder if a cheap one would be okay...i already ruined one, and i don't want to clog up my paache.

i was thinking of getting one from hobby lobby that they use to spray models with.

5 replies
cakemomma7 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 6

I'm also interested in what kind of airbrush people use and where they get theirs at. I don't know much about airbrushes other than they look so cool on cakes to use and I want to get one. I just have no idea where to start and would also like to know if a cheap one would work....

Do people just buy them from craft stores that they would use for paint for crafts?

Thanks, we would both appreciate your replies.

susanscakecreations Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 6

I just ordered one from TCP Global, and should get it this week.........I've never used an airbrush before, so I can't tell you the difference, but I will surely let you know how it does when I get it!!!!!!
This is the one I ordered:

I got the second one down...the "salon air" one..........

cakemomma7 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much for pointing this website out! This looks to be where I will be going to purchase mine when I get the extra money for it! I wish I had it now though cause I have a cake to make in the next couple days where it would be nice to have it so I don't have to try and paint by hand....Oh well, this site will help out so much!

ttehan4 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 6

I bought a Kopykake Kroma jet at an auction a couple weeks ago for 65.00. Great deal! I used it this week on a grooms cake and it did a great job. Ive noticed that it doesnt have a really good fine line detail. I am thinking that my good deal was probably a good starter brush, but I think I will be investing in a nicer one.

ddaigle Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 6

I have the one Smartin40 ordered TCP Gloal: Premium "Salon Air" Professional Airbrush Cake Decorating System for $150. I've used 3 different air brush machines and pearl dust has periodically clogged them. But not enough to damage or break the machine. You just need to back flush your system when this happens and the little particles will get unclogged.

Quote by @%username% on %date%