Where Have You Found Your Favorite Cake Stands?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 4:26am by cocobean

cocobean Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:22am
post #1 of 9

I love collecting cake stands! Would anyone share links where they bought some of their favorites?

8 replies
Rylan Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 9:00am
post #2 of 9

I love collecting them too!

I never really buy online because shipping is so expensive but I do get them at antique stores, Macy's (Martha Stwewart), Ross, Marshall's, Tj Maxx (they always have one) and hmmm...where else... OH! and flea markets if you are lucky.

diamond008 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 10:21am
post #3 of 9

Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, and Thrifts Stores. The other day I found a very pretty solid black one at Hobby Lobby (and of course it was 1/2 off). I collect them too. I display them on the tops of my kitchen cabinets so I can see them.

JGMB Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:59am
post #4 of 9

Ditto on HomeGoods (aka TJ Maxx). Someone on CC suggested that once, and she was SO right!! They have all different shapes and sizes, some metal, some ceramic, etc.

If you wait till a season is just passed, you can get them really cheap on clearance! I just got a beautiful light summer yellow one for $3!!

Williamus Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 9

My favorite cake stand was purchased for $18 from a table outside an antique shop in New York City. It is 8 1/4" inches across perfect for a 7" layer cake that serves 6 people (I make these small cakes all the time for small dinner parties). I had just bought a new baking book which had just come out (Rose's Heavenly Cakes - Rose Levy Beranbaum) and as I left the book store and was walking home, there was the cake stand. The edge is perforated and has an antique lace ribbon laced through the perforations.

cakebaker1957 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:46pm
post #6 of 9

I found a square silver one that holds a 16in cake at Tuesday Mornings, Great price too!

FierceConfections Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 9

This probably wouldn't help with collecting, but if you want unique cake plates for displaying cakes and desserts you can make your own. I use candle pedestals and flat plates/platters. Just super glue the plate to the pedestal.
I do dessert bars for different events, and making my own cake stands adds another layer of customization. Customers love it! thumbs_up.gif

carterl Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:33pm
post #8 of 9

I've bought mine from Home Goods and thrift stores. I agree with Fierce Confections, that you can make some really awesome ones yourself. Now if only I had a way to display them all icon_smile.gif

cocobean Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 4:26am
post #9 of 9

Thanks guys those are all great ideas. I have got many from those places to but, I'm always looking for more. I've even made a couple of my own.

...so keep the ideas coming! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%