Any Of You Advertise On Tv?

Business By 4them Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 11:33pm by 4them

4them Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 7

I am considering doing so starting in Nov. to run into Feb. and skipping the bridal shows altogether. If you do advertise on TV what channels do you get the most response from and if you don't advertise on TV is it only because of the cost?

Any Pros and Cons?

6 replies
4them Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 7

O.K. I hear crickets... no one here has advertised on TV?

leah_s Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 7

I've been on shows several times, and the results have always been the same. NOTHING. Ditto for all my wedding vendor friends.

The problems with TV are several:
1) crazy high cost
2) you can't make a human contact with your potential customer like you can at a bridal show
3) they're fleeting. At a bridal show you can at least get written materials into their hands. With a magazine ad brides may carry it around for 6-12 months.

-Tubbs Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 7

I would never consider it, mainly because of the cost, and also the scatter-gun approach - fact is, the vast majority of people watching will not be in the market for a high-end cake.

I'm sure there are better ways of using the marketing dollar.

4them Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 7

The main reason I am considering it is because I have been on shows several times here and I am so swamped after that, I advertise in 2 mags now. And I am a full bakery, it probably would not be worth it for just weddings, we are doing about 40- 60 birthday cakes and about 2-3 tiered cakes a week-- and well over a thousand cupcakes, none of this includes the breads and lunch hour and cookies and pastries.

Anyone else with a full bakery?

leah_s Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 12:14am
post #6 of 7

ummm . . . how much excess capacity do you have? You really need to advertise at all?

4them Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 7

Leah, I am glad you asked me that, because sometimes we are to busy to take more orders, but then there is Tuesday, our slowest day of the week, I am considering adding sheetcakes and hiring 1 other cake decorator.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%