How Do You Package Larger Orders Of Chocolate Covered Oreos?

Baking By korensmommy Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 12:42am by luv2bake6

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 13

I have an order for 24 chocolate covered Oreos, topped with a chocolate 'A'.

How do you package larger orders like this? On a tray, cake board, plastic container? With the 'A' piped on top, I don't think they can be stacked on top of each other.

I am new to doing CCO and figured I would ask people with much more experience!

Thanks!

12 replies
korensmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 13

Anyone?

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 13

I have never had to package an order like this, but I would think if the A is Chocolate let it dry and then maybe pack in a plastic goodie bag. They sell them at Micheals and Hobby Lobby and they are not expensive at all if U buy the clear bags. Like 50 for $3.99. U could also package three to four in a candy box, which I do for my chocolate truffles and peanut butter bars. I buy those at Michaels also. I think I paid around 3 dollars for 3 boxes. The sizes and price vary. Wait and get a coupon and then get them if U can to cut down on expense a little. I do have a website for boxes of all sizes but the minimum order is 100 so I dont know if U want to go that route. Or maybe U could layer them on a tray and place parchment over each stack then a piece of corrugate plastic or cardboard and continue layering, then place in a plastic or cardboard box. HTH

korensmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:23am
post #4 of 13

Thanks, I'm thinking about using a plastic box/tray. It's for a friend who is bringing them in to her daughter's class for a halloween party. I'm hoping to find one that is large enough and has a cover.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #5 of 13

I did 200 and put each one in a small candy bag. tied with a lable..... They were the smile face....they held good and traveled fine.

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:46am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

Thanks, I'm thinking about using a plastic box/tray. It's for a friend who is bringing them in to her daughter's class for a halloween party. I'm hoping to find one that is large enough and has a cover.

Do U have a publix grocery store near U. They will give U a box if U ask for one from the bakery. Sometimes they charge. I dont remeber the price because I have never paid for them but I did call wal-mart and another grocery store to ask the price. I think they were 3 dollars. But again it has been a while, but I cant imagine they would cost more than 3 bucks.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:46am
post #7 of 13

How about this...it says it holds 12. I compared the opening sizes to the ones spinning leaf lists for their molds and they are both 2" so if I was doing this, I'd order the box below.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=621774

(if the link doesn't work... go to www (dot) country kitchen sa (dot) com and search for product id 621774)

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 13

I did 100 chocolate covered Oreos for my sister to take to work. I placed each Oreo in a cupcake liner, then placed them in 10x10 bakery boxes (the ones for pies, as they aren't as deep as a cake box). I could fit 25 per box....or was it 20 per box? One of those. They worked great, and they could be stacked. Plus, at 49 cents each, they were relatively cheap.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:10pm
post #9 of 13

I like the pie box idea, and maybe putting each one in a cupcake paper to keep them from making a mess out of the box and rubbing against each other.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:59pm
post #10 of 13

I got a bunch of those oreo boxes that mirda was talking about for my chocolate oreos but unfortunately, if you are using the molds, they are too big for the inserts. The only way i can fit the cookies in the spaces is if i hand dip them which obviously doesn't look as nice as the molds.

korensmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:32pm
post #11 of 13

That's exactly what I am looking for, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I did 100 chocolate covered Oreos for my sister to take to work. I placed each Oreo in a cupcake liner, then placed them in 10x10 bakery boxes (the ones for pies, as they aren't as deep as a cake box). I could fit 25 per box....or was it 20 per box? One of those. They worked great, and they could be stacked. Plus, at 49 cents each, they were relatively cheap.

korensmommy Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm
post #12 of 13

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!
I was planning on buying a bunch - I have a customer who wants to send some to relatives and I thought it would be perfect!
Thanks for the warning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

I got a bunch of those oreo boxes that mirda was talking about for my chocolate oreos but unfortunately, if you are using the molds, they are too big for the inserts. The only way i can fit the cookies in the spaces is if i hand dip them which obviously doesn't look as nice as the molds.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 12:42am
post #13 of 13

Trust me, i was very disappointed.
Now if you can get a sample (or just buy one) to try out with your CCO, i would do that before buying a bunch. It may have been the thickness of the chocolate. I use couveture chocolate with a tempering machine and it's possible that was the problem. Just try it out first before expecting to order a large amount.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%