Royal French Blue Color???

Decorating By cocoa20 Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 4:39pm by cocoa20

cocoa20 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to do a wedding cake and they want the color to be "Royal French Blue". I cannot seem to find anything regarding this color. Does anyone have any idea what color it is, looks like and how to achieve it? Thanks for your help.

5 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 6

It sounds like the color blue that was used on the tunics of the king's guard during the time of Louis 14. Think Three Musketeers.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cocoa20 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your help. That helps a lot.

-K8memphis Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 6

The color swatch is the responsibility of the bride--too much wiggle room with color--

kristiezen920 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 6

I would definately ask the bride for a color swatch. I recently made a wedding cake and the colors clashed with the flowers! Her colors were navy blue and periwinkle. I made alot of details in navy but when the florist got there with the flowers they had alot of green in them instead of mostly light blue. It just didnt look right together. If I had insisted that the bride give me swatches I could have avoided this.

cocoa20 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 6

The deal is, a family member is ordering the cake for a cousin of hers. He is getting married in Guatemala but they are coming here afterwards and the church is having a reception for them. The lady who is ordering the cake said he asked for this color but they do not have anything with this color in particular to show me. She is not really worried about it matching anything and has told me not to worry too much about it. But I like to try to do things the best I can and wanted to know what the color looks like. The family ordering the cake had never even heard of the color. But at least now I have a reference. Thank you all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%