AmyCakes2 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 5

And the best way to make Tiger lilies??
TIA!

4 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:30am
post #2 of 5

check the search area and type in tiger lilly and also the galleries and go to the flowers area and also youtube HTH

tatorchip Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:46am
post #3 of 5

go to cake decorating forum and check out what Rylan just posted you will love it

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:51am
post #4 of 5

Hi,
I just made tiger lilys for the first time ever today. I used a leaf cutter from the Wilton gum paste flower kit. It's kind of long and narrow. I cut off about the bottom 1/4 of the leaf, sliced off the bottom edges at an angle so the leaf became more of a long diamond shape and veined each petal. I let them dry in an egg carton. Once dry, I painted a stripe of brown food coloring down the middle of each petal and random dots on the petals.

I made a stamen for them that is not exactly what it really should look like but it was made using orange thread, wrapped around my fingers about 60 times, then wired on each end and cut in half. I frayed the edges, sprayed them with hair spray and dipped it in a mixture of corn meal and black food coloring. The wire was then inserted in a pre made whole in the center of the petals.

Hope that helps.

KimAZ

tatorchip Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:26am
post #5 of 5

congradulations KimAZ you need to post the photo so we can all see it, sounds great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%