Whipped Buttercream Recipe...old One

Decorating By midwestmommy Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 12:43am by Gingoodies

midwestmommy Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

Im looking for a whipped buttercream icing. All i rememebr is it has crisco and made in two major steps. anyone have a link to the discuccion about it in the forums or the recipe? TIA

2 replies
Kitagrl Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 3

I posted one but I'm not sure if its the one you are looking for....? It uses evaporated milk and alot of shortening and butter.

Gingoodies Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:43am
post #3 of 3

Is this the one you are looking for?

Whipped Cream Buttercream

Part One
1 lb. Posdered sugar (sifted)
2 1/2 cups crisco

Part Two
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 TBSP Meringue powder (add 1 additional TBSP for slight crusting)
1/2 cup BOILING water (less 2 TBSP)
1 TBSP vanilla (or flavoring of your choice)

Part one... put crisco in mixing bowl and gradually add powdered sugar. Beat about 5 minutes until mixture is very creamy and fluffy. Set this aside.

Part two... In a very clean bowl mix dry ingredients. Add BOILING water and immediately mix on high speed. Beat until stiff peaks form, about 8 minutes. When mixture begins to get stiff add flavoring.

NOW combine both mixtures and beat together for another 8 minutes. When finished, use a rubber spatula to down beat a little to remove some of the air bubbles. Frosting will be very light and creamy. Cover. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.

This frosting may be kept at room temperature for 3 months. Whip with a spoon each time you use it, to restore fluffiness.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%