Cookie Sheets And More

Baking By juslivin77 Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 5:03pm by heycake

juslivin77 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all. This is probably a silly question but I am wondering if there is a certain type of cookie sheet that is better then others. I am sick of using equipment that bakes uneven and makes things more difficult then necessary. I want to get some good cookie equipment since my Hubby is deploying and I figure I will have time for a new hobby and he can enjoy some home baked goodies. What else will be good to invest in?

7 replies
juslivin77 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 8

One more question...are rolling pins better with or without handles

cindy58 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 8

I like these cookie sheets, reasonably priced too:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=380853

Rolling pins without handles work better when you're using rings, etc. to help you roll your dough to an even height.

ETA: I have the same rolling pin that TraceyLH recommends too.

TracyLH Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 8

Hi! My hubby just left as well. You have a great idea to start a new hobby while he is gone. thumbs_up.gif

I use and like AirBake. I have found that parchment paper helps with spreading as well for those times when you need it to stay more in place for detailing. If you search around, you might be able to find it at a good price.

As for rolling pins, I used a handy-dandy coupon at Michael's to buy the long fondant roller and then another to get the rolling rings. Although not cheap at all, it is well worth saving for.

As for sending cookies to your hubby, mine is on a submarine and the 'submarine essense' permates everything. In order to make sure that his treats don't 'taste like the sub', I put them in cello bags and heat seal them. You might not be dealing with that 'sub factor', but it will help for keeping them fresh when you send them off.

Best to you during his deployment and happy baking! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

juslivin77 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you! I am having too much fun searching through all the forums right now. I guess the hobby is starting early. (he is leaving in JAN)

ButtacreamRose Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 8

Any reviews on Doughmakers cookie sheets?

ButtacreamRose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 8

Bump.

heycake Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:03pm
post #8 of 8

I have two doughmakers cookie sheets and LOVE them. They are so strong and my cookies bake very evenly. The best part is that they are flat on three sides so you have one edge to hold on to and the parchment can just slide off and onto the cooling rack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%