Brands

Decorating By SaraAA Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 6:46pm by mgwebb68

SaraAA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraAA Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!

ive been searching through the forums to see about brands. i have found a few helpful things but need a little help as i feel sorta lost as i keep looking. my question i know will probably be a little hard to answer as it will be based on user preference, but i was wondering about brands. comes to pans, any supplies, books, frosting, decorations, anything is there one certain brand to go with or is it a mix and match. any help would be greatly appreciated as im trying to do a lot of searching before i really buy anything so im not wasting money.

2 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 3

Many people prefer Magic Line pans but I am okay with my Fat Daddios. For supplies, it really depends. I don't have a specific brand for supplies. I have Wilton, Ateco, CK, PME, JEM, etc. For food gel coloring, I highly suggest you get Americolor because it goes a long way.

For fondant, I prefer the taste of Chocopan and Fondx. I also use Satin Ice but I'm not a big of a fan of the taste.

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 3

I use MagicLine pans because it's what I can get at the cake supply store closest to me (which is still not that close 45 minutes). I'm not a big fan of ordering supplies, I will if I have to but I prefer not to. I make my list and then treat myself with a trip to the cake store (it's like candy for kids).

I have Wilton colors and use them with out any problems, but I do prefer Americolor because they give me the truest colors and I can get good colors even on some of the harder ones (black, red, etc.).

For supplies and tools, I have an assortment of everything, and some not intended for cake, but they worked for what I was doing and ended up in my cake drawer.

I prefer to make MMF because the only place I can buy (without ordering, and I can't have fondant sitting on my door step in 100 degree weather) is too far away to benefit me to buy rather than make. I've only tried SatinIce and I didn't think I had any better luck than with what I make, and I like to make it because I think it tastes better and I can flavor it how I want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%