Help!!!!! Need Idea For A Cake For A King!!!!

Decorating By aundron Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 7:29am by solascakes

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, I have a cake due this weekend and I have no idea where to begin, well, except the top tier. The link below is the initial picture that the customer saw. It will be a 3-tiered cake with a globe on top. Here is what the customer is asking for:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_749133.html

on the top tier: A globe with the african continent and the benefits logo on it. Also, the flag of Nigeria will be coming from the top tier down to the bottom tier.

2nd tier: children holding hands going around this tier.

Bottom tier: Welcome His Royal Majesty, King _______ ________ (i think it should just say Welcome King...........)

My question is; should I keep the cake as the same color of the cake below and paint trees and clouds on the cake, or should I change it up? If so, what color should the cake be?? HELP!! I need ideas!! Oh, my tiers will be 8", 10", and 12"

5 replies
aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 6

Anybody?????? Help, please!!!

srtodd77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srtodd77 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 6

I would keep it the same color and then add the other items too it.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

That sounds exciting! I think you could keep the same basic idea as the first cake. I'm not sure how to do this, but I think you might want to play around with the colors a little so they don't clash with the bright green Nigerian flag. Also, I think I would try to add some gold details to make it more regal looking. Maybe you could use 4 photo transfers of scenery from Nigeria (beach, mountains, etc...) around one of the tiers and make gold frames for them. It might look nice to use the green from the flag to make strips on top of the different tiers and surround those with gold strips as well. I think you should keep the inscription the way it is. If that is what the customer is requesting, it may be the most appropriate. Just some thoughts. Good luck with this project!

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 6:51am
post #5 of 6

For the sake of ettiquette (sp?) you do need to use the wording the client has provided if it is a real king. Anything else is considered and insult.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:29am
post #6 of 6

Wow, good luck with that, but make sure you charge accordingly cos it'll be a lot of work. Plus if he is a real king he'll be rich enough to pay you well. ( How come he is just getting married though,is that his 4th wife or something.) Enjoy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%