I Cut These Decorations With My Cricut

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 8:07pm by zdebssweetsj

MissyTex Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 4

I got a Cricut for my birthday! And thanks to all the great info here, hubby and I cut out the decorations on this cake. We had to play with it a bit to get it just right, but I think we got it. Everything except the stars is cut out on the Cricut, using SCAL Version 2. For the guitar topper, I used 3 cut outs one on top of the other with a wire in between, used water as glue. I'm soooooo excited about the possibilities!

Deep cutting blade, setting 3
low speed
min pressure
fondant w/tylose added, rolled on pasta machine, setting 3-4

3 replies
tatorchip Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 4

love it, I have the cricut but I still haven't cut fondant yet, what kind of fondant did you use? ya'll really did a good job with the cricut love your letters on the black back ground.

sweettooth622 Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, I just got a Cricut for my Bday too, but have yet to use it. I'm shocked that you can use it to cut Fondant of all things! Doesn't it muck up the blade?
I'm looking into cake decorating as a business and if I can use my Cricut too....all the better!

zdebssweetsj Posted 12 Oct 2009 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 4

Hey I just got my cricut last week ( been sick all week ) can't wait to play with it have you tried it on frosting sheets yet , works great. I tried some fondant but I only have the blade that it came with so I didn't get a clean cut. Good luck with yours loved your picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%