How To Do The Diamond Shape Fondant?

Decorating By rajinaren Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 7:44pm by jlynnw

rajinaren Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all!
How to do the diamond shape fondant like this cake. I will be really grateful if u know how to do it. I have a square cutter...but this does not look like square. How do i do it?
Thanks Raji
LL

7 replies
jlynnw Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 8

I went to Micheals and got a 2nd set of wilton square cutters and squished the sides to make the diamond. I did all three to match. Just line up the bottom points to the same angle. Worked for me, easy to find, and inexpensive.

mgwebb68 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 8

There is a special cutter you can buy, but it sounds to me like the idea the previous poster had would work just as well.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 8

The dark pink covers the whole cake.

The light pink is diamond cutouts attached to the dark pink. To do this, all you need is a ruler and a pizza cutter.

Roll out your fondant, decide how wide you want your diamonds to be (you'll need to figure it out by measuring the cake and dividing into equal sections). Then place a ruler on the fondant and use the pizza cutter to cut the lines, then cross in the other direction to make the diamond shape.

Or if you have the Wilton Ribbon Cutter, use the straight edges with the right sized separators, run one way, then the other. Diamonds!

Have fun!!

rajinaren Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

I went to Micheals and got a 2nd set of wilton square cutters and squished the sides to make the diamond. I did all three to match. Just line up the bottom points to the same angle. Worked for me, easy to find, and inexpensive.

Thanks i think i will do this its very easy and I have a square cutter.
CutiePieCakes-Ontario and mgwebb68 thanks for the suggestions.

Raji

dchockeyguy Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 8

If you do a lot of these styles of cake, I would recommend buying the diamond cutter set from Ateco. The set has lot of sizes to it, so you can easily pick a size that matches the cake you're working on.

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

If you do a lot of these styles of cake, I would recommend buying the diamond cutter set from Ateco. The set has lot of sizes to it, so you can easily pick a size that matches the cake you're working on.

Oh I love those pretty little tins of Ateco cutters.

jlynnw Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:44pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

Oh I love those pretty little tins of Ateco cutters.

I love the Ateco ones. I think I have them in everything except the diamonds. I will have to pick them up next time I see them. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%