Any Ideas....................??

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 23 Oct 2009 , 2:07am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:24am
post #1 of 31

a 37th Anniversary cake........all ideas welcome......the link to your favorite anniversary cake will work icon_smile.gif TIA

30 replies
madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:39am
post #2 of 31

everyone must be asleep...................................

CandyCU Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyCU Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:01am
post #3 of 31

Hi Madge, I would suggest to probably keep it nice & simple but elegant - do the happy couple have any favourite flowers or colours? do you want to use ribbon or fondant accents? do they have a favourite place or hobby they love to do together? or perhaps something big has happened in the past year of their marriage that could spark an idea?

It's also probably a good idea to have a browse through the ones in the Anniversary Gallery her on CC at http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=9 - there are heaps to look at for inspiration! I always find browsing on CC is great for getting the creative juices flowing...

Then there's all the different cake shapes, base colours, number of tiers, then the deco to think about - it all sounds like fun, IHTH, I wish you good luck with it!!! thumbs_up.gif

Cindy

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:10am
post #4 of 31

Hello Madge...

LOL Im still up...

Just wondering is this for someone you know? if it is try and incorporate things they enjoy as a couple.

For example: Do they travel? Like to cook or bake? Do they have a favorite pet?

Depending on style of cake, you could do a tiered cake that you could incorporate things that represent the couple.

So one tier could be about traveling, the next about cooking or baking etc...

If it is not for someone you know then ask who ever placed the order and find out what kind of interests they have.

HTH icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 31

LOL YES its for me, I like to bake he wathes tv........the end hahaa

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:42am
post #6 of 31

ok looking for more ideas.............that is if I ever get well enough to even make a darn cake ugh..........

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:06am
post #7 of 31

lol..ok..so make a tv cake and put an edible image of the food network..loke you guys are watching a cake challengue!.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:06am
post #8 of 31

37 reasons why you haven't killed eachother yet.

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:07am
post #9 of 31

No, see we actually are still very much in love

tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:31am
post #10 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

37 reasons why you haven't killed eachother yet.

lol..that's too funny...

Edna icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:36am
post #11 of 31

EDNA..............don't encourage her..................... I love my toots and he loves me............you guys are bad

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:38am
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

lol..ok..so make a tv cake and put an edible image of the food network..loke you guys are watching a cake challengue!.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

hahah I said we are happy..............I am at one end of the house and he is at the other he watching sports and cops I watch fox news and baking shows haha.....but i like the tv idea

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:45am
post #13 of 31

How about reproducing your wedding cake?

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:30am
post #14 of 31

we never had one............we were married by a JP the first time...by a priest to renew vows quiety at 25 years.....so no wedding cake icon_sad.gif

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:05am
post #15 of 31

icon_sad.gif

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:25am
post #16 of 31

icon_cry.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:00am
post #17 of 31

Well then - seeing as you never had a wedding cake - make one for this milestone in your life.

Did you ever have an idea of what kind of wedding cake you *would* of had - had you had one.

Even if you add a dummy cake or two - to create the effect.
Invite friends over and share all that cake
Are you celebrating by having people over?

Or choose your favourite colour/s and create a beautiful stencil cake.

Make it a *one off* - a *madge creation*

Look forward to seeing pictures of the final masterpiece - icon_smile.gif

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 6:45am
post #18 of 31

How big is the cake gonna be madge? Depending on size, lets say a 3 tier, then I would take 3 of the most memorable moments you shared and dedicate one tier to each moment.

Or you could do a basic white fondant cake and instead of ribbon or decorations on each one, do a series of pictures from your 37 years together.

As you get up each tier then bring the pictures closer to the present time ... you can do a band of pictures and ask him to help you pick out some of your favorites together.

HTH

tonedna Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:13pm
post #19 of 31

Im sorry it was sleepy time for me last nite..But If you never had a wedding cake, then why dont you just make the wedding cake of your dreams!..and then take photos of you guys cutting it!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:26pm
post #20 of 31

What Edna said. How romantic- to have the cake you never had! I would make it as elaborate and wonderful as I would have wanted. Congrats on 37 years!

madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #21 of 31

Thanks so much all of you. I would love to make us a great cake. I will, if I can get well. This darn flu I think is coming back full force again instead of going away..........so we will see..........thanks for all the input....I like the idea of a wedding cake.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:05am
post #22 of 31

Happy Anniversary!
I hope you feel better soon so you can bake your cake then celebrate.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:29am
post #23 of 31

Madge, when is your anniversary?

Did you have any color(s) in mind?
Are you having a party?
How big does it need to be?
Would you like it more traditional or a little/lot over the edge/out of the box?
Seriously, if you could give us an idea of what style you like, it would make it easier to suggest something...

madgeowens Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 1:55am
post #24 of 31

I am still sick as hellllll....well its 37th anniversary.......and I am thinking of an old fashion wedding cake style maybe all butter cream.....and thats about as far as I am......no party......just we two I suppose

mad-house-mum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mad-house-mum Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 5:40pm
post #25 of 31

If its just the 2 of you why not make a mini wedding cake just 4 2 x

madgeowens Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:30pm
post #26 of 31

I am planning on using a couple dummies so there won't be so much cake.....

madgeowens Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:21am
post #27 of 31

Well
here it is...........my Love liked it so I guess it was a hit...still too much cake lol

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1490690

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #28 of 31

Hi Madge! Sorry I missed this posting earlier in the week. Your cake looks great and I hope you are feeling so much better. Your story reminds me of my 25th anniversary cake earlier in the year... It was just me and my lobster (lobsters mate for life) celebrating, so I made a simple heart shaped cake, frosted in bc, and topped with a vintage topper --mine from 25 years ago! icon_biggrin.gif It turned out very nicely, I think --just as yours did! Sometimes, it's the quiet moments that mean the most and count toward longevity. Sending out blessings for many, many more years to your covenant.

God Bless,
Wendy

madgeowens Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 3:36am
post #29 of 31

How nice.....yes we have always been home bodies pretty much....I will give the neighbors cake haha.....they like that....only thing that bothered me was the photos my grandson took......I look sooooooooo old wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

madgeowens Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:08am
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Im sorry it was sleepy time for me last nite..But If you never had a wedding cake, then why dont you just make the wedding cake of your dreams!..and then take photos of you guys cutting it!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

BTW to have the wedding cake of my dreams, Edna would make it haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%