Look At My Munchkin!

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm by eilidh

Texas_Rose Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #1 of 26

Shameless brag post here icon_biggrin.gif

My 7 year old has decided she wants to make a blog showing how she works on cakes. http://littlemisscakemaker.blogspot.com/

It's just so cute seeing her working on stuff! I didn't know it mattered that much to me that my daughter wanted to do stuff that I do, but I'm enjoying it.

25 replies
tatorchip Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:50am
post #2 of 26

Val is too cute, I put her blog in my fav. and will keep checking out her work, she looks like she will give mom a little comp. real soon. Don't you just love it
Deborah

Rebealuvsweets Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:57am
post #3 of 26

That is sooo neat! Also she is too cute! I wish my grandaughter would want to do decorating. She decorates a few cookies and then she is already burnt out. Keep her interested and she could end up on a cake challenge.... icon_biggrin.gif

Tiffany29 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 26

She is too cute! icon_smile.gif I had to leave her a comment. She really knows what she's doing and she does a great job!

My son will be 7 and he wants to know all he can about cake decorating. He loves to watch cake shows with me. He wants some alone time with just he and I so I can teach him how to pipe with all the different tips.

mgwebb68 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 26

Texas_Rose, that is so cute. Your daughter is adorable and I'm going to add her blog to my favorites list and check back to she her posts.

My Munchkin (and that really is what I call her) is only 3 but she already asks to make cupcakes and she has a sprinkle (she calls them sprinklers) addiction. She doesn't necessarily have to use them, but we have to buy them all the time.

I recently made a cake for her and let her "frost" it. It looked like a Rainbow threw-up on it, but she had a blast. I'm like you I didn't realize it was going to matter that much that she liked it, but now that she does I hope it stays that way.

mkolmar Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 26

Adorable! Your daughters work is better than mine. Tell her great job and keep up the blog too.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 26

She is awesome!!! Too sweet.
The competition is worried~very worried !!! icon_lol.gif

Jen80 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #8 of 26

How exciting for you both! She's just too cute. Good on you for getting her involved. Fave!

-Tubbs Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:15pm
post #9 of 26

I love it! What a sweetheart. thumbs_up.gif

adree313 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 26

how adorable!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:37pm
post #11 of 26

Too Cute! icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:52pm
post #12 of 26

Thanks! She's going to be really excited when she gets home from school and sees what everyone has said icon_biggrin.gif

grandmom Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:54pm
post #13 of 26

Sweetest thing ever....!!!

mgwebb68 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:01pm
post #14 of 26

Be sure you tell her we want to see more posts!!!! Well, if she reads this she will see it herself won't she.

GREAT JOB!!!! I will check often.

Deb_ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:29pm
post #15 of 26

What an awesome idea! You must be so proud and excited that she is following in your footsteps.

I wish my DD was interested in baking/decorating, she's 21 and says "Mom, I don't have your patience" Oh well!

Happy caking Val, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your cakes in the future.

punkinpie Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:14pm
post #16 of 26

Please tell your daughter she is doing a great job. I will add her blog to my favorites.

It is soo nice that the 2 of you have something in common and that you can share with her. Warms my heart!

P.S. Love her blog name

Texas_Rose Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:50pm
post #17 of 26

Val read everyone's comments and said she feels like she's famous right now icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

She's done with the cake for the school contest and she's so pleased with it that she's bouncing up and down. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1483982

Deb_ Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:57pm
post #18 of 26

How cool is that school that they have a cake contest....I wish I had gone there when I was little!

Awesome cake Val....good luck! (I left you a comment in the galleries too)

Tiffany29 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 11:46am
post #19 of 26

she will be if she keeps making those awesome cakes!

Shawnswife Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:12am
post #20 of 26

That is just too cute! I think it is wonderful that you and your daughters enjoy making beautiful cakes! What a wonderful bonding opportunity! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

mkolmar Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 1:48am
post #21 of 26

Her jungle cake is wonderful. She seriously has a bright future as a decorator.

Ursula40 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:30am
post #22 of 26

Oooh I so wanted to add a comment on her blog, but i have to open it with a proxy from China, and cannot post comments because of it. Please tell her, she has a fan all the way in China, but that I cannot comment directly on her blog, because blogs are officially blocked here

lthiele Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 5:47am
post #23 of 26

Hey Valerie, I dont have a log on to comment on your blog, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your competition win all the way from Australia! I love your cakes, you've got talent! I also love your fish tank in the backround, what a cool room to work in. Take care beautiful girl and keep on cakin!

Lauren thumbs_up.gif

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 11:46pm
post #24 of 26

Congratulations, Valerie!!! I love your blog! You are a very talented young lady!!! Wishing you sweet success always!!! icon_smile.gif

NJCakeDiva Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #25 of 26

Texas_Rose your daughter is so adorable! It is nice to see children who are creative and inspired by positive things (especially when following in mommy's footsteps). I wish I had a daughter to share my baking with because my youngets son just keeps taking the roller and banging it across the roll of left over MMF icon_lol.gif

Keep up the good work with the blog and encouraging you beautiful daughter to dream big.

eilidh Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #26 of 26

What a fantastic job she has done! I couldn't imagine my children (5 and 3 ) being that good at such a young age! Sure she'll have a very bright future decorating cakes. A big well done all the way from England!

Eilidh icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%