Coordinating With Wedding Venue?

Business By 2winboyz Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 3:32pm by 2winboyz

2winboyz Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 4

I will be making and delivering my very first wedding cake this Saturday and fortunately it's for a friend. I wanted to find out if I should be in contact with someone at the wedding location. If so, what kind of things should I find out? Is it my responsibility or the brides to ensure the table for the cake will be available. I won't have to worry about florist this time, but for future reference, how would communication work with them?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
Deb_ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:47am
post #2 of 4

I think it is important to be in contact with someone from the venue.

I always phone the venue myself about 2 weeks before the wedding or event.

Some things I ask are...
1) Will the cake table be draped and ready when I deliver the cake.
2) What time will the room be set up and ready for delivery.
3) Do they need anything from me i.e. proof of business license/insurance.

It's always good to have a contact name at the venue, so when you arrive if there are any problems you can ask for this person by name.

Good luck with your first wedding cake!

indydebi Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:11am
post #3 of 4

I tell them what time I'm planning on delivering (usually one hour prior to start time), ".....does that work ok with your schedule?" If they need it earlier or later, fine, we work that out.

I ask if there is any specific door I need to enter thru. (One venue has a vendor entrance, complete with lots of carts and rolling shelves that we are free to use to get our cakes, flowers, etc., in. I LUV delivering to this venue!)

I ask if they need a copy of my license or a cert of liab ins, and if they need the insurance certificate, I find out how they need it made out and where to fax/email it (so my agent can handle that).

If there is a fountain with the cake (yes, I DO do fountain cakes), I make sure the table is near an outlet.

I close the conversation with 'Is there anything else you need from me?"

2winboyz Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 4

Wow I wouldn't have thought of these questions. Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%