Starting Business In Florida

Business By Echooo3 Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 3:04am by Tamika1175

Echooo3 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 5

I'm so confused. If someone could give me some guidance I sure would appreciate it.

I have found a commercial kitchen and the inspector is saying he is waiting for me to get my licenses.

I don't know where to start. I've filed my ficticious name, I have my FEIN, now what? Who do I contact to get a business license?

I will be baking in Winter Park which is in Orange County, however I live in Polk county. I know I need a occupational license but for which county? And since I could be delivering cakes to several counties, how does that play out?


4 replies
janelwaters Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 5

you do everything in the county where you will be working (cooking) - not where you live and I don't think it matters where you deliver (I don't think). You go to the tax assessors office (in St Aug - you go to the same place that you get your vehicle tag) to get your business license and then you need to get your food handlers license (safeserve).

I hope that helped....

Echooo3 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 5

Yes, thank you for that info. With the wealth of info on the web I could not find out but once again a CC pulls through.

Many thanks.

janelwaters Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:52am
post #4 of 5

You are so very welcome - the state of florida does NOT make it easy!!

Tamika1175 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:04am
post #5 of 5

Echooo3, I live in Polk County too and am going through the same thing. Is Winter Park the closest you are finding anything?

Quote by @%username% on %date%