October/fall Wedding Cakes

Decorating By nonnyscakes Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 9:23pm by rosamatsas

nonnyscakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 2

I wondered if I would be able to get input from all of you on this topic. My daughter is planning an October wedding (not this year - Thank goodness). I need ideas for the bride's (elegant, romantic, multi-tiered, with fall colors) and groom's cakes (passion for baseball or generic). I did a gallery search and was presented with thousands and thousands of cakes to choose from.... too many to look through quite honestly... SO... here is my request.

Look in your favorites and pick out a bride's cake and a groom's cake and post the links in this thread. Their specifications are listed above. The bride's dress is ivory. No definite decision on color yet - maybe reds, golds, oranges, etc.... I want pale, she wants vibrant... We will see who wins.

Can you help me?

1 reply
rosamatsas Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 2

I've got ideas (not links) for the grooms cake. depending on the serving size i would:
1) make a Jersey decorated in his favorite team's uniform.
2) a teird cake using his favorite baseball teams colors, logos etc, and have the top teir actually be a cake baseball.
3) make a stadium cake (they are not that hard) of his favorite teams stadium

You can compromise with your daughter by having an ivory colored cake with fall colored scroll work and/or fall colored sugar (or real) flowers.

Hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%