Help!!! Jem Cutter Question....??????

Decorating By Lisaa1996 Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 4:53am by Lisaa1996

Lisaa1996 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, this may be a really stupid question but I am still fairly new to all the cool tools out there. I just purchased the JEM cobblestone wall and fence cutter. I looked at it today and it seems very thin to actually cut anything out of fondant. Is this more for making impressions in the fondant or am I supposed to cut the pieces out of fondant to make the wall by rolling fondant EXTREMELY thin and then place them on the base fondant covering my cake? Does this make sense at all?
Please help me if you can.
Thanks!

5 replies
chelleb1974 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:49am
post #2 of 6

Can you post a link to what you have? It sounds like, to me, that you would use it to make the impressions on fondant.

Lisaa1996 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6
jillangel Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 6

I don't know if you have one of those white foam pads but if you do, set the cutter in two of the holes design side up and you place your rolled out fondant/gumpaste over top. I let mine dry a few minutes in it then I take a pin to a corner and start to take it out. Usually comes out no problem and it comes out extremely nice and detailed. You do have to roll it thin I think I rolled mine to a 3, maybe 4 on my KA pasta roller if I remember correctly. It is fragile but not terribly so. Hope that makes sense.

sugarshack Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:54am
post #5 of 6

i add tylose to the fondnat and roll to number 5 on pasta roller. let it sit for about 10 minutes. then turn the cutter over, lay the fondnat on top and then roll over that with small rolling pin to make cuts.

take off the excess and then coax the fence out of the mold with a pin. let it sit on counter till nice and firm and then place on cake.

Lisaa1996 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:53am
post #6 of 6

Thankyou everyone....I have to make a stone wall in 2 weeks with it so we'll see how it goes. I don't have a pasta roller so I guess I will just roll it really thin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%