Wedding Cake ?

Decorating By krm52200 Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm by krm52200

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I have a wedding coming up and the bride would like cupcakes arranged on a cupcake tree with an 8" round cake on top for the cutting ceremony. The cake will be frosted with IMBC and covered in white fondant with gumpaste gerber daisies accents. Easy enough. The problem I'm having is she wants it filled with chocolate mousse. I will be setting up the cupcake tree/cake around 2:30-3:00pm. The ceremony isn't till 4pm. I'm not sure when they will actually cut the cake. My question is how long can this cake sit out without refrigeration? Should I have her pick a different filling or will it be okay?

Thanks for any input. Sometimes these small details stump me more than anything else!

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 6

I use a chocolate "mousse" filling that is fine at room temp. for up to 5 days!

use 2 cups of Rich's Bettercreme whipped icing (liquid) and whip it with 1 sm. package of chocolate pudding mix. It's DELICIOUS!!! Whips up to a nice thick mousse!

krm52200 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for your reply. Where would I be able to buy the bettercream? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:34am
post #4 of 6

Rich's Bettercreme is available pre-whipped in large buckets at the Sam's Club Bakery Dept. Might have to pre-order it.

Rich's Bettercreme in liquid qts. is available at Gordon Food Service.

Can also be purchased online, but the shipping is a killer.....

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:35am
post #5 of 6

Rich's Bettercreme is available pre-whipped in large buckets at the Sam's Club Bakery Dept. Might have to pre-order it.

Rich's Bettercreme in liquid qts. is available at Gordon Food Service.

Can also be purchased online, but the shipping is a killer.....

HTH

krm52200 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks, JanH. I don't have either of those stores in my area.

I was reading in another post that once cream is heated you can leave it out with worry of spoilage. Is this true? If so, then I can proceed with my original plan anyway. My "mousse" is more of a whipped chocolate ganache so the cream is heated before being added to the chocolate pieces.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%