Newbie Needs Pricing Help

Decorating By shandidandi Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 8:25pm by LaBellaFlor

shandidandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shandidandi Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 5

Ok Im still new and was asked how much to charge for a cake simular to this one. All decorations are gumpaste. Im still trying to figure how much to charge foe cakes and decorations. The cake in the pic was a gift from me. Please help
LL
LL

4 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 5

I think this is a really cute cake, but I can't give you an estimate since I am only a hobby baker.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 5

Everything, everything is gumpaste? Like the blocks, key rings, carriage, frog, & everything else? If so, how in the world did you do those itty bitty key rings?!

shandidandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shandidandi Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 5

Yes it is all gumpaste. I just rolled out the gum paste and used an exacto knife to cut them outand make a hole for the ring. let em dry then roll out a small piece of gumpaste(make sure its thin enough to gently slide the keys on and let it dry.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 5

wow, patience of a saint. Okay, so when someone asks what should they charge, I base it of the cake design as well. So for me to give my opinion on pricing, I also judge the cake. So, do you REALLY want me to asnwer the question honestly? Cause I will be honest. Also, is this a 4" high cake or a regular sheet cake with no fillings and a sheet of cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%