Question About Airbrushing

Decorating By beatricecakes Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 6:36pm by beatricecakes

beatricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beatricecakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 5

Can you use wilton icing color in airbrushing or do I have to pay speical color for it? Thanks for the help and any tips are very welcome.. New at airbrushing if you couldn't tell.

4 replies
mommy1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy1st Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 5

You can buy colors just for airbrushing. They won't clog up your airbrush. It is not recommended to use regular colors in your airbrush.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 5

You should get proper edible airbrushing paints. Regular colours aren't made for airbrush use ... Wilton-type will be too thick and liquid colours are too thin and either one could damage, if not ruin, the air brush. It's always best to use what's recommended for any tool. If you ruin the air brush by not using the recommended paints, you have no recourse with the company. It's your fault and they won't fix or replace it. Better safe than sorry.

And, at the very least, it probably won't give you the right look on your cake, since it's not made for spraying.

toniascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toniascakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

Hi. I am new at airbrushing too. When I bought my airbrush off eBay it came with 12 Americolor Airbrush colors. They are very vibrant colors and cover very well. Hope this helps. thumbs_up.gif

beatricecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beatricecakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replys... I will get on the ball and order me some colors made for airbrushing.. once again thanks a million...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%