Issue With Images On Cakes

Decorating By scionmom Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 1:57pm by prayerwarrior

scionmom Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 2

OMG! I am so frustrated and dont know what to do! I have a bar cake to do in a couple weeks and have done the practice on carving the cakes with the wonderful help of so many CCr's! Now, I am trying to get some edible images to put on the front of the bottles because I have very shaky hands and dont trust myself to do the handpainting... Unfortunately I think I might have to resort to that. I have contacted my local bakeries and they can print out edible images but the ones i want are copyrighted because they are the bottle labels for a Crown Royal bottle, Absolute bottle and Patron bottle (Yes, all for one party and HUGE cake). So, I think what I am going to have to do is hand paint "my version" of these. How do i do that?? Do I use rice paper to paint on or do I paint directly on the fondant? What do I use for paint, would it be the shimmer dust mixed with vodka or extract or food coloring? (Pulling my hair out in frustration!)

I love decorating cakes but I fear I have gotten in over my head on this one, not very experienced at all but love doing it! Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much fellow CCr's!!

1 reply
prayerwarrior Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 2

I usually design my image in powerpoint rather than trying to do it by hand on the cake. You can pick out a shape for the label in powerpoint then type in your words. Works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%