I Want To Try This Cake For This Weekend - Please Help!!

Decorating By mommybrooke Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 5:20am by mommybrooke

mommybrooke Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:25am
post #1 of 11

I hope I can attach a pic of this cake. I wanted to try it for this weekend, my sister found the pic I have no idea where it came from. I have no idea how I would make it look like this?? Any ideas, please? thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
phoufer Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:43am
post #2 of 11

Sorry the picture is too small, can't see the details.

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:44am
post #3 of 11

Not at all! Is there any way you can make it bigger?

madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:51am
post #4 of 11

From what I can see it looks like butter cream with dark brown painting to appear as a tree.............like a white birch tree?

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:52am
post #5 of 11

Thats what I was getting too, but I'm just not sure.

mommybrooke Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:54am
post #6 of 11

Yes that is what it is suppossed to be like, let me try and make the pic bigger if I can!!! Be right back! icon_wink.gif

Mickey17 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:11am
post #9 of 11

It looks like white buttercream with either brown painting or chocolate. I would probably paint with brown. For the edges where the "wrapped" look is I would rough up the buttercream and paint the leading edge.

madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:11am
post #10 of 11

yep thats what they did, and also slashes to look like bark coming off........can't say if they painted with cocoa or brown coloring though

mommybrooke Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:20am
post #11 of 11

thanks ladies! Okay how do you "paint" on buttercream like that?? icon_redface.gif I have no clue...is there a tutorial on here maybe? So on those places where it looks like bark is coming off in big chunks??? It almost looks like cake is torn off or something?? Sorry for all the questions!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%