Please Help Us Win The Fight Against Leukemia

Lounge By CakeMommyTX Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 1:46pm by LaBellaFlor

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:52am
post #1 of 5

Dear Friends,

My sister ,a close friend and myself are joining forces to raise money for a cause that is near and dear to our hearts.
Both Michelles and my family have benefited in many ways from this terrific organization, though for reasons that you may not know

We are beyond fortunate that Michelle won her fight against Leukemia 17 years ago.
Sadly though, not everyone who suffers from this tragic disease is as fortunate.
My youngest brother, George Theodore Keller, IIIaffectionately known by our family as Georgiewas a light hearted kid who accepted everything that was thrown at him with a smile.

He began his life with a challenge, Down Syndrome, yet it in no way stopped him from overcoming any obstacle or even the simplest milestones in life that we take for granted.
At age 4, Georgie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. His fight to survive continued for 8 years and the courage and support that came from our family, friends, and community gave us the fire and strength for hope, but at age 12 Georgies brave battle was lost to Leukemia.

We have created Team Georgie, bringing together a group of friends and families who are offering their support for the brave patients battling blood cancers, those fortunate survivors who are still with us today, and the loved ones that weve lost to this tragic disease who will always remain in our hearts.
Team Georgie will be walking in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk October 25, 2009 in The Woodlands, TX.
Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's evening walk and fundraising event.
It is the nation's night to pay tribute and bring hope to thousands of people battling blood cancers and to commemorate loved ones lost.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) funds lifesaving research that has contributed to major advances in the treatment of blood cancers and treatments for other types of cancer, such as chemotherapy and stem cell transplants.
These treatments have helped patients live better, longer lives.
New targeted therapies that kill cancer cells without harming normal tissue are providing drugs and procedures that are improving quality of life. Any donation you can make, no matter how big or how small, will provide not only lifesaving research for those battling cancer but also invaluable support to patients families, including counseling services and family support groups.

Please help Team Georgie reach their fund-raising goal of $5,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

If you would like to donate to Team Georgie and their cause, please visit the following link:

http://pages.lightthenight.org/txg/Woodland09/TeamGeorgie#

If you are in the Houston area and would like to join us in our walk to raise funds please visit this link for more information on joining Team Georgie in the Light the Night Walk, held on October 25th at 7:30pm

http://www.lightthenight.org/register/reg/#action=join_team;programGroupName=LTN;teamID=159626;teamName=Team%20Georgie;eventName=The%20Woodlands;eventLocation=Market%20Street;eventDate=10/25/2009

For those of you who havent experienced Light the Night before, walk night is a family-oriented evening where participants of all ages are welcome.
The walk is an incredibly moving experience filled with inspiration, in which participants carry illuminated balloons white for survivors, red for supporters, and gold in memory of loved ones lost to cancer. Thousands of walkers form a community of caring, bringing light to the dark world of cancer.

Whether you choose to donate to Team Georgie, join us in our walk, or both, I truly appreciate your support more than words can describe.

4 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 5

It is a wonderful cause to be involved in. Just giving you a bump up so others can see this. We donate sometimes to this cause as well as march of Dimes and a few others.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:59am
post #3 of 5

Can you only donate by the event date or can you continue to donate after the event date?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 5

Thanx for the bump!

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society accepts donatations at any time.
As far as donations for this particular event goes I don't know I'd have to check and see.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 5

Please let me know as I will donate, I just need to know the timeline for your fundraiser.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%