Help Me Find A Red Velvet Wasc Recipe, Please?

Baking By JCE62108 Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 1:40pm by CakeMommyTX

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #1 of 4

I have a recipe for red velvet wasc using 2 boxes white mix and 1 box chocolate mix...but I dont want a recipe that is so big.

Anyone know how I can make a red velvet wasc with only one box mix? I was hoping to make the flavor myself instead of just by a box of red velvet because Id like to color it a different color. I think red velvet is just a white cake with cocoa, isnt it? I have no clue because I really dont like it but the customer wants it. So can you help me?

BUT...if I cant find another recipe, can I just use a red velvet mix with the wasc recipe and have it turn out with a good flavor?

BTW, what's up with the search tab? Its not working for me so I cant search for any recipes. icon_sad.gif

3 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 4

I have used half of the WASC with red velvet DH box but I changed the water to buttermilk. I also used 3 eggs instead of egg whites. I don't usually make the red velvet from scratch due to the amount of red food coloring I have to use.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 4

Here is the recipe I use, it's basically the WASC recipe with a box of pudding.
Turns out really moist and pretty tasty, I don't like RV but I'll eat this cake.

1 box red velvet cake
1 4oz chocolate pudding
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup sourcream
4 eggs
1 tsp red food coloring
1 tsp vanilla
water and oil called for on box

Mix and bake at 325

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%