End Of The Road For Modern Bride & Elegant Bride And..

Lounge By Doug Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 11:53pm by Gingoodies

7 replies
cabecakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #2 of 8

How sad. More jobs lost. Just what this country needs. Not to mention the lose of the publications, which will in turn effect everyone that probably gets a good source of their incomes from advertising in them. Very sad.

Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #3 of 8

Bummer... the gourmet and cookies... icon_cry.gif Oh well..the sign of the economic times I guess!

-Tubbs Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the heads-up - I was about to order Elegant Bride through my kids' school magazine campaign.

prterrell Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 8

Wah! I love gourmet magazine! icon_cry.gif

-K8memphis Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 8

"They" say that the real unemployment rate might be more like 17%--

Omg--that's just killing me to see that number--It feels like more than one in ten though doesn't it? It feels more like almost two in ten huh.

__Jamie__ Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 8

Yeah, but the good ole' internet has a lot to do with it. Cooking shows, online how to's, even this website itself. Don't get me wrong, love Gourmet Magazine!! Loved the glossy pictures and turning the elegeant pages....Who honestly subscribes to a cake decorating magazine anymore? And what do you see that you haven't seen in here or had explained to you already by someone as at least or even more talented than the editors and their staff? Uh-huh.

And recipes online, and YouTube videos showing you how to do this and that...

And online stamps, look at the Post Office. Never have to set foot in that place ever again either.

Gingoodies Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 8

I stopped buying Gourmet and Bon Appetit a while ago. WAY too many ads. I know this is what really pays the bills, but when you had a couple of sample-type fragrance ads "stinking" up the magazine, it makes looking at food a challenge. Gourmet was more than just the food though. Wonderful travel articles too. Sad to see it go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%