Ultimate Cake Off Rebecca Sutterby (Sugarshack Assistant)

Decorating By tatorchip Updated 11 Oct 2009 , 7:39am by grannys3angels

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:02am
post #91 of 120

I think they all did such a good job.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:06am
post #92 of 120

[quote="K8memphis-"]Thank you Thank you vrr much.

I'm home stuck to the couch making sure I only have a cold and not you-know-what.

Did they swab your nose to see if you have "you know" I been craving bacon bits......lol.........this cough is insane.......

I saw that scene too........but never noticed the who what and where of it...very observant young Sherlock!!!! Must say though I am sooooooo glad it didnt happen for real.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:29am
post #93 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I saw that scene too........but never noticed the who what and where of it...very observant young Sherlock!!!! Must say though I am sooooooo glad it didnt happen for real.

hmmmmm or did it happen for real? detective.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:34am
post #94 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Kate I caught that too. I thought for sure that Mark's cake was going to fall when they were moving it based on the opening clips of the show. icon_confused.gif I wonder what's up with that.

This was definitely the best episode so far....I really loved Rebecca and Norm's cakes and I think Mark's was pretty too.

I know some of you are tired of Norm's chocolate curls, but I think he's great. He seems like such a nice man and I'd love to meet him one day....I love all of his work.

tapedshut.gificon_biggrin.gif

Norm really is a nice guy! Zane too! All of them, Mark's team too. I cannot say enough good things about every single person that was on that shoot. I respect and admire them all!

Oh I'm so glad to hear that he's as nice in person as he comes across on T.V. Even though he made you guys sit out twice.....it's actually a complement to your team....he recognized that you ladies were his toughest competition.

I hope you'll do another challenge Sharon, I'd love to see you as the team leader.

madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #95 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

hmmmmm or did it happen for real? detective.gif

hahahaha I don't know, but your sherlock is too funny

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #96 of 120

Hey Sharon, quit gagging yourself already and dish some dirt! It's not like a million (ok, maybe not a million) of us imagined it. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:47am
post #97 of 120

You saw something happen. Did it happen in the episode?

If not, then when did it happen?

I was not present when that something happened.

madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:52am
post #98 of 120

detective.gif

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:54am
post #99 of 120

So I wasn't the only one who spent the whole episode going, "Dang if that carousel cake doesn't look like the cake that wiped out in the opening credits!" If they want to add to the drama, why don't they just duct tape everyone's fingers together and make them wear ice skates? Or cake naked?! It was pretty cool though, when Buddy pulled off a cake blindfolded on his show. Normal folks icon_wink.gif must need that stuff to make this worth watching icon_lol.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:59am
post #100 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Does anyone know where can I purchase the vanilla bean paste that is listed in the White Velvet Cake recipe?
And how is it sold--in a jar, tube, can?
Is one brand better than the others?
Thanks.

Williams Sonoma sells vanilla bean paste and I haven't used it but have heard it's wonderful.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:04am
post #101 of 120

Hello Everyone!
You ladies ROCK. Congratulations on such a great episode!
Your cake was just gorgeous! The gold was really pretty and I can't believe how you can pull all that off in one day! Way to go!
Yes, I certainly vote YES that you return again, or get your own show!
I would love that!
Congrats!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 1:06am
post #102 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Does anyone know where can I purchase the vanilla bean paste that is listed in the White Velvet Cake recipe?
And how is it sold--in a jar, tube, can?
Is one brand better than the others?
Thanks.

Williams Sonoma sells vanilla bean paste and I haven't used it but have heard it's wonderful.

And by the way - this was the BEST episode of UCO yet. I've been getting kind of bummed by the weird themes so I was happy to see a wedding cake competition. Rebecca is crazy good with her skills. I've been a fan of her work for a while now and I'm never disappointed. And the woman is SELF-TAUGHT! What talent! She had such a terrific team. It was great to see so many talented ladies working together, having a great time, and doing some very amazing things.

Sharon, I hope you do another episode - it was so much fun watching you and it looked like you were just having the time of your life!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:00am
post #103 of 120
Quote:

You saw something happen. Did it happen in the episode?

If not, then when did it happen?

I was not present when that something happened.

I think you've got not spilling the beans down to an art! icon_lol.gif

So what happened when you weren't there Sharon??? Inquiring minds want to know....

Anywho, I wanted to add my 2 cents too. I think by far this was the best eposide, possibly because I thought all the cakes were gorgeous and could understand anyone of them getting picked. Of course I was routing for the team Rebecca's team because Sharon was on it but then which CCer wouldn't???

I can't wait to see you lead your own team Sharon. I think I heard a few witty comments coming from you. I haven't heard much from other team members but then again I didn't recognize anyone else's voice either.

icon_lol.gif

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:11am
post #104 of 120

Just finished watching. Great job ladies. Sharon, you crack me up!

sugarshack Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:12am
post #105 of 120

All I know is we dissassembled our cake to get the support stuff out and went home.

Thanks for the nice words guys. I am a bit of a clown, and I guess it showed.

I would love to see Rebecca rematch Norm !

sugarshack Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:17am
post #106 of 120

Questions answered:

1) was it hot in there?

no, it was very cool on shoot day

2) what do they do with the losing cakes?

they get taken apart, taken home, or thrown away

3) Do you get to eat and pee?

yes, there is food in the back and you can bring stuff and you can stop and eat, or eat and work , but the clock never stops

4) do we get the keep the jackets?

no

5) is margaret braun nice?

yes, very, and very positive and encouraging.. and tiny!

CakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBaker Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:20am
post #107 of 120

LOL -- also, the winning cake is not served at the event. They serve sheetcakes from somewhere. That would have been helpful to know before we went!

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:45am
post #108 of 120

Rebecca, you're fabulous and so talented--LOVED your cake! I hope you'll go back and do another challenge!!!

Sharon, I think they gave you the most airtime of any assistant so far--you are a riot! In past episodes we hardly could even see who the assistants are! But they made you front and center with all of your wonderful personality--You definately need to go back and do another show as the lead person!!! Pleeeeeeease?

Great show--congrats ladies!

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:17pm
post #109 of 120

So, I missed the episode last night, and I really want to see it. Does anyone know if there is a way to watch it now that it has already aired?

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 2:38pm
post #110 of 120

You can go to tlc.com and under the tab 'tv shows' click on 'UCO' link and then clock on the 'tv schedule' -- but it looks like to me this episodes last showing was this morning at 2:00 a.m. Other than that I'm not sure how you can view it.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #111 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiane

Sharon, I think they gave you the most airtime of any assistant so far--you are a riot! In past episodes we hardly could even see who the assistants are! But they made you front and center with all of your wonderful personality--You definately need to go back and do another show as the lead person!!! Pleeeeeeease?

I thought the same thing...that we wouldn't get to see much of Sharon because she was an assistant, but she got the most airtime of any assistant I've seen yet. It's that mouth of yours Sharon....you are too funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:58pm
post #112 of 120

All 3 cakes were stunning!!!
What kind of sugar did Norman use on some of the tiers?

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:21pm
post #113 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakeprincess

All 3 cakes were stunning!!!
What kind of sugar did Norman use on some of the tiers?

I thought they said it was granulated sugar... but I could be wrong.

deli1777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deli1777 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:33pm
post #114 of 120

the vanilla bean paste is Nielsen Massey and can be found on several websites (King Arthur, Williams Sonoma are two off the top of my head) and many small kitchen specialty stores have it, call around so you can buy local if you like. Also sold on many internet sites.

If I'm not mistaken, Norm used a sanding sugar- it's much larger crystals than granulated sugar and gives a very pretty "sparkly" look.

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:41pm
post #115 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycakes

You can go to tlc.com and under the tab 'tv shows' click on 'UCO' link and then clock on the 'tv schedule' -- but it looks like to me this episodes last showing was this morning at 2:00 a.m. Other than that I'm not sure how you can view it.

Thanks for the info, Looks like I just missed it icon_cry.gif Guess I'll I'll have to watch for a re-run. I was to bus making last minute cupcakes for work, and didn't even realize I had missed it.

sugarshack Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:21pm
post #116 of 120

yes sanding sugar and it looked really great.

My mouth..... my biggest problem! LOL

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 3:20am
post #117 of 120
Quote:

My mouth..... my biggest problem! LOL

Or your greatest gift! icon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:16pm
post #118 of 120

So, Sharon....I was wondering...

you guys MUST be told in advance what the theme for the cake is, right? Otherwise, how on earth would you have all the right equipment?

How far in advance to you get to start preparing?

Irene

sugarshack Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:19pm
post #119 of 120

I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about that stuff; we signed contracts; I will see if Rebecca can answer this.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 7:39am
post #120 of 120

Congrats Ladies on an amazing cake! and for making this one of the best ones yet, IMO.

I loved all the trash talking between the 2 teams. Not only was it funny, but it was nice knowing it was all in good fun.

I have to agree with the other posters also, Sharon was hoot and she did get the most airtime of any assistant I've seen yet. I also heard her before I saw her icon_lol.gif Everyone on that team was GREAT!

I also enjoy seeing Norm (his cake was beautiful also) hopping on the trash talking wagon and going with the flow. Now I did get a little upset with him for setting them out the second time...hearing him say he was scare of them, was priceless and that did help me not to get to mad icon_lol.gif In the end I'll forgive him for the two time outs and I still will love Norm and his caking skills thumbs_up.gif

I did like Mark's cake also, it was a beautiful cake...but sure if I would like the idea for a wedding cake. Unless that was the theme of the wedding. Still it was very beautiful cake and I just love the way he had did his support.

I would also like to see you all do another cake off, due to...you guys working so good together, making a amazing cake, being so funny and also fun to watch! It was very nice to see you guys laugh and have a fun time while doing something that could be so stressfull.

All the teams were wonderful to watch and they all have awesome caking skills, I would be tickel just to have 1/8 of their cake decorating skills.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%