50$ Airbrush??

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 2:02am by farmom3

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 24

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CAKE-DECORATING-AIRBRUSH-w-Compressor-4-Food-Colors_W0QQitemZ220480622163QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3355ab4e53&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Has anyone bought one like this?
I just want to play around with it and don't want to drop a bunch of $$$ so I was thinking something cheap like this.
But if it's a waste of money then I'll come up with something else.
Don't know anything about airbrushes so any advice would be awesome.
Thanks!

23 replies
helsbels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
helsbels Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 24

I bought one! I really like it. I don't airbrush a lot but I needed one for the times I do. I think it was worth the money but that's just my opinion.

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 24

Me too I really want to know that.
thanks for the link

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 24

I've never seen it before but it doesn't look too bad. It has the right PSI on the compressor and it's a gravity feed brush which most people prefer. I guess I'd give it shot for $50 to start out with.

helsbels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
helsbels Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I've never seen it before but it doesn't look too bad. It has the right PSI on the compressor and it's a gravity feed brush which most people prefer. I guess I'd give it shot for $50 to start out with.

That was my thought when I ordered it. I figured if I found out I needed a better one at least I was only out 50 bucks on this one. But it is really nice.......and I don't have a really expensive piece of equipment that I don't use enough. There are too many other things I want to spend money on.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 24

Awesome, I really wanted to buy it but I did'nt know if it was going to be a hunk of junk, it's listed right under one for 120$ so I was'nt sure.
I'll go ahead and get it, I really want to start airbrushing some of my 3-D cakes.
Now I see different nozzels for sale , do I need a few different ones or does one do it all?

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 24

I ordered this exact same airbrush from this company and so far I love it! Like you, I wanted to start experimenting with airbrushing but I didn't want to buy a really expensive machine when I don't know what I'm doing yet. So far, I have found this machine extremely user friendly and you can adjust your air flow for very thin lines or a broad spray. So far, for the basic types of things I use mine for I don't have a need for any additional needles. The one it comes with does a great job for me! Have fun playing and be sure to tell us what you think icon_smile.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:39pm
post #8 of 24

wow. let us know how you like it when you get it. i'd definitely buy this for that price if it turned out to be good. thanks for the link!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 24

Thanks for the link, I too am interestedin one, and do not want to spend a lot of $$ right now

farmom3 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 9:49pm
post #10 of 24

OK guys
I just buy that airbrush icon_smile.gif
wish me luck
thank you CakeMommyTX for the link and thanks for the info
I let you know when I use it
I have to go make nice dinner for my DH just in case icon_wink.gif!!!!!!!! you know, he is not really happy with my new toys !!!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CAKE-DECORATING-AIRBRUSH-w-Compressor-4-Food-Colors_W0QQitemZ220480622163QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3355ab4e53&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I just want to play around with it and don't want to drop a bunch of $$$ so I was thinking something cheap like this.
Thanks!

A while back when I was looking for a new one, I saw that one. I called the company and the rep I talked to said this one would be ok if it was only used rarely...a few times a year....but the compressor doesn't have much power and he didn't recommend it if you needed to use it often.

The best deal turned out the be the one from that seller that is like $129 that come with 12 large bottles of airbrsh color.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Thanks!

A while back when I was looking for a new one, I saw that one. I called the company and the rep I talked to said this one would be ok if it was only used rarely...a few times a year....but the compressor doesn't have much power and he didn't recommend it if you needed to use it often.

The best deal turned out the be the one from that seller that is like $129 that come with 12 large bottles of airbrsh color.

thanks for that info!

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:58am
post #13 of 24

I also would like to get one so I am thinking very hard. To anyone that airbrush do you use a lot color to airbrush? and should more be order?

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:09am
post #14 of 24

yes, good luck and let us know how that airbrush performs for you! I need one too.

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:53pm
post #15 of 24

I want one too, please let us know how it works....Thank you and goo luck

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm
post #16 of 24

I just ordered it. For the price it will be fun to try something new. Will let everyone know once I get it.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 2:38pm
post #17 of 24

Hope it works out for you! That would be awesome to afford an airbrush at that price.

farmom3 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 3:27pm
post #18 of 24

Thay are not ship mine yet icon_sad.gif
I sent an email and ask them when you will shipping my air brush and no answer ????
I let you know

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 4:09pm
post #19 of 24

Hope those who wanted one got one at the $50 price because now they are nearly $60. They changed the auction price - still offers free shipping though.

UberSpoonyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UberSpoonyG Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 7:27pm
post #20 of 24

Hi Cakemom!!
You've recieved good answers from all these folks, basicly, all Airbrushes can be used for Airbrushing on cakes
..The more features and higher cost a Airbrush a brush has,the more uses you can get out of it,..a basic single-action hobby Airbrush for about 20 dollars can still do a sweet fade and color saturations on a cake. I use a double-action airbrush because I MUST be able to do high detail on all my Art, because thats who I am.
Any Airbrush thats taken good care of can last unbelievabily long(key word is taken good care of.) I still have and use one of my airbrushes I aquired over 18 years ago,in fact,its my favorite,at the time it cost $75 dollars for the kit.
With the right motivatiopn and a little help here and there, you are going to love the Airbrushing scene, it has no limits.
Live to Paint, Paint to live!

UberSpoonyG Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 10:38pm
post #21 of 24

oops, I had wronge blogspot on my signature!! its corrected now!

farmom3 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 8:01pm
post #22 of 24

OK icon_lol.gif I got my air brush today icon_biggrin.gif
BUT I don't know how to use it icon_redface.gif nothing come with it to explain how to use it
anybody can help ?? or any toturial ?? I search in internet but nothing for the cake decorating.
Thanks

UberSpoonyG Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:41pm
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnazmom3

OK icon_lol.gif I got my air brush today icon_biggrin.gif
BUT I don't know how to use it icon_redface.gif nothing come with it to explain how to use it
anybody can help ?? or any toturial ?? I search in internet but nothing for the cake decorating.
Thanks

Hello farnaz....
Unfortunately some companies have the gall to not send manuals under all kinds of guises.......Fortunately, most Airbrushes are similar quite a bit to each other so that if you can find a Manual fron another Airbrush or a learning aid of some sort as in vidieos, How to books, and on-line instruction clips.
I dont know half of all the companies out there but these i know can help you...bearair.com (1-800-232-7247) has a marvelous "Airbrush Bible" packed with all kinds of information you can get for free i believe and.... tcpglobal.com (1-858-909-2110) whom has lots of cakery supplies and i believe on-site vidieos that you watch on-line.
Either company is not exclusive Cakery stuff,but extremely helpful since if you can paint a shirt or car with a airbrush,you should be able to paint a cake.
....Once you get a little of knowledge under your belt ,you will find a Airbrush a invaluble tool for your needs.
.........................Live to Paint, Paint to Live!! icon_biggrin.gif

.....mmmmm,I teach classes here in Saginaw, Michgan...but i imagine I'm a little far away for you.

farmom3 Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:02am
post #24 of 24

Hello Spoony-G
Thank you so much for your help, I ordered from tcpglobal.com but I didn't see any vidieo in the website !!! I SHOULD LOOK BETTER
AND your cakes are amazing, I am just looking at your blog you are so talented.
Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%